Login Register

Two treated for smoke inhalation after fire at Grampound Road chalet

By CMCherie  |  Posted: May 04, 2013

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a chalet fire in Grampound.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a chalet fire at Grampound Road near Grampound.

Comments (0)

TWO people have been treated for smoke inhalation after a chalet fire this morning.

The blaze broke out at around 8.40am at a property on a farm at Grampound Road, near Grampound.

Two people were believed to have made their way out of the chalet when fire crews from St Dennis and St Austell arrived. They were treated for smoke inhalation but were not thought to have suffered serious injuries.

An extra fire team from Truro and a water carrier from Wadebridge were also sent to the scene.

The crews used breathing apparatus and hose reels to extinguish the fire, which had taken hold of a single storey chalet.

A spokesperson for the Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said the flames had now been put out and fire fighters were still on the scene damping down.

Read more from West Briton

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES