Login Register

Fire rips through house in Nanpean

By WBEsme  |  Posted: December 26, 2013

FireEngine
Comments (0)

Cornwall Fire and Rescue service has warned of the importance of smoke alarms after a fire ripped through a house in Nanpean early this morning.

Fire engines from St Dennis and St Austell stations were called to the blaze on St Georges Road at around 3am after smoke alarms in adjoining properties alerted neighbours to the fire.

Upon arrival firefighters found the hallway of the semi-detached house ablaze.

Fortunately no one was inside the house during the fire, yet two neighbours had to be taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

A spokesman for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were committed to the building and used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the fire. The premises was then ventilated using the positive pressure fan after the building was completely searched by Fire & Rescue personnel.

“The neighbours were alerted by the smoke alarms in the adjoining property, which once again highlights the importance of having working smoke alarms within your property.”

Cornwall Council has advice about smoke alarms, including where to put them, how to fit them and how to test them on their website.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR