Login Register

Discussion

“I submit that a short review of the forum rule reproduced hereunder may be of interest to some posters:

Rule 3: Language and relevance

Please be polite. Do not use swear words or crude or sexual language. Only English or CORNISH is allowed on this site. Keep your submissions relevant to the story or topic. Do not insult other contributions or discuss the non-appearance or removal of any content on this Site or the suspension or termination of any users. If you would like to discuss the operation of the Site with us, please email us at comments@northcliffemedia.co.uk

Read more: http://tinyurl.com/7amgfb3
Follow us: @thisiscornwall on Twitter | thisiscornwall on Facebook”

By MapSerpren Posted: February 19, 2013

11 comments

11 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Big_Ger  |  February 20 2013, 8:08AM

It would be polite, and courteous, if those writing here in Cornish would provide a translation of their messages.

• youngcornwall  |  February 20 2013, 9:19AM

"I submit that a short review of the forum rule" Now read and inwardly digest be careful what you say in jest Us Cornish can be touchy regarding the Duchy And some others do not know what to do for the best. yc

• Chopper8  |  February 20 2013, 9:35AM

by Big_GerWednesday, February 20 2013, 8:08AM "It would be polite, and courteous, if those writing here in Cornish would provide a translation of their messages." ''Polite and courteous'' You? Never mind Cornish, perhaps you should look a little closer at some English language definitions. Here's a suggestion - why not put some of the time you waste posting here to good use and instead, go and learn some Cornish?

• youngcornwall  |  February 20 2013, 9:44AM

kyrgh dha gota, ty re dennas,

• Big_Ger  |  February 20 2013, 10:14AM

Here's a suggestion - why not put some of the time you waste posting here to good use and instead, go and learn some Cornish?" I have no wish nor desire to learn "Cornish". However, your cause may be better served by having English translations here, as that may encourage others with an interest in the language to participate. Or you could continue to show the nationalists up for what they are an, impolite, discourteous, self absorbed, clique. :-)

• youngcornwall  |  February 20 2013, 11:56AM

By not putting a translation B_G it will encourage those who wish to know, to make the effort to go and find out, bit like how to treat children really, if they don't eat up what is in front of them, they do without, I am not saying force feed by any stretch of the imagination, that is best left with the schools. There is a method in their madness B_G, they have done their homework.

• Taxman100  |  February 20 2013, 12:23PM

Although a Cornishman, I, like BG, have no interest in learning the Cornish language, and I do not wish it to be imposed upon me, or upon children, by a rather vociferous 0.04% of Cornwall's population. ie:The Neo-Celts/Cornish Nationalists. I would go further and say, I certainly would not wish Cornwall Council to use my taxes to support the language either. As less than 0.125% of the population of Cornwall speaks, or is even contemplating, except by force in schools, to speak the Cornish language, it would most polite of those who post in Cornish to provide a translation, so the remaining 99.875% of the population of Cornwall could understand their comments. No to do so may be seen to be extremely rude.

• Tstrunk  |  February 20 2013, 12:59PM

Post away in Cornish all you like, please don't add an English version if you don't want to. Would it not kill this forum to have loads of Cornish postings? Who actually understand Cornish? English is universal so we all understand it, if you wish to post in Cornish only you'll kill the thread which is a self-destructive excerise. Adding English is the best idea...

• TheTruronian  |  February 20 2013, 7:11PM

The only impoliteness I witness here are in the postings above.

• youngcornwall  |  February 20 2013, 7:25PM

@ TheTruronian Well on your bike.

• TheTruronian  |  February 20 2013, 8:28PM

. by youngcornwall Wednesday, February 20 2013, 7:25PM . "@ TheTruronian Well on your bike." .. Read more: http://tinyurl.com/a5tljdq Follow us: @thisiscornwall on Twitter | thisiscornwall on Facebook I rest my case!

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!