Login Register

Discussion

“Not much news from the poorly attended MK conference at County hall- except that one of thier parish councillors declared himself English.”

By H_Trevorrow Posted: November 30, 2012

21 comments

21 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Truro_Kernow  |  November 30 2012, 6:11PM

Not much news except for a half page spread in the West Briton and much internet coverage and interview with several MK Councillors on Radio Cornwall etc. Plenty of news about faux Cornishman 'H_Trevorrow though who continues to cause much upset with the genuine Trevorrow family one of whom has now written to this newspaper asking for this assumed identity to be removed! And the letter contained no spelling or grammatical errors unlike those of faux Cornishman Trevorrow! Trevorrow - a legend in his bedsit! Kernow bys vyken!

• Tstrunk  |  November 30 2012, 8:17PM

30 people turned up, that is news, lol

• H_Trevorrow  |  November 30 2012, 8:19PM

following a now well trodden path of cornish separtism truro- kernow now threatens sensorship of a dissenting opinion...go back to c24 tk.

• H_Trevorrow  |  November 30 2012, 8:33PM

Out of 213 town and parish councils in the county of Cornwall it seems only 20 odd councillors have gained a seat FOR MK. After 60 years of exsistence this seems to indicate a massive fail . Why they persist with this failure in the face of such unpopularity would be a sensible discussion point if they manage to have another AGM for the ''NATIONAL EXECUTIVE'' LOL

• Truro_Kernow  |  November 30 2012, 9:32PM

More nonsense from the gutless right wing wonders, one of whom has stolen a real Cornish family's surname much to their disdain! It is becoming increasingly obvious that the trolls don't even read the newspapers or else they would have seen the photographs! 6 Cornwall Councillors and 25 Parish and Town Council seats faux Trevorrow. More members than the Tories and certainly than UKIP/BNP. 80 people in the Conference Chamber at Cornwall Council. Trevorrow and his other troll identities - a legend in his bedsit. Kernow bys vyken!

• Big_Ger  |  November 30 2012, 10:49PM

"6 Cornwall Councillors and 25 Parish and Town Council seats faux Trevorrow." Seeing as Cornwall has 123 county councilors, and 213 town and parish councillors, that means MK have won 31 out of a possible 336 seats.

• Big_Ger  |  November 30 2012, 10:51PM

Oh, I forgot our 6 Mps that's 31 out of 342 seats. Oh, none in the European elections either...

• Truro_Kernow  |  November 30 2012, 11:43PM

Ah, 'bigger' another legend in his own lunch break, or should I say down the 'Admiral' or even at the 'Lodge'? Well, bigger, MK now stands with its largest number of elected representatives ever and with the current feelings towards the ConDemns, the only way is up! Incidentally, still waiting for you to withdraw your lies and utter falsehoods about Cornwall and the British Irish Council. Good news about the PLASC survey in our schools though eh? And let's hope our not inconconsiderable behind is seated when the Census figures are soon revealed. Bigger - you really couldn't make him up, nor would you wish to! Kernow bys vyken!

• Truro_Kernow  |  November 30 2012, 11:46PM

And let's not forget those nasty little independents either eh, bigger? You never really know where their loyalties lay but a little side bet that it's not with the Tories! Kernow bys vyken!

• polgooth  |  December 01 2012, 2:22AM

BG - so lets develop this a little further. If we extrapolate the figures and incorporate them into the framework of the current House of Commons - that would make MK a part of fifty plus, similar to the current Lib Dems, so hardly completely inconsequential and the last time i followed what goes on in Westminster reasonably influential at present ? brgds

• H_Trevorrow  |  December 01 2012, 3:09PM

....er there are 213 PARISH/TOWN COUNCILS...the number of COUNCILLORS IS PROBABLY AT LEAST TEN TIMES THAT number Polgooth can extrapolate all he likes but the result would be that MK would amount to a fraction of one single mp at parliament

• polgooth  |  December 03 2012, 8:07AM

HT and BG - well said indeed. Profound apologies for misleading anyone but I was using your figures ! Clearly my mistake to believe that you knew what you were talking about and your information was correct. Apologies once again. brgds

• JJLee  |  December 03 2012, 11:21AM

declared himself English Life is something that everyone should try at least once

• PaddyTrembath  |  December 03 2012, 1:52PM

JJLee wrote:- "declared himself English Life is something that everyone should try at least once" Are you suggesting that it is only by being English that you are able to "live"? Sounds a bit nationalistic to me!

• JJLee  |  December 03 2012, 2:45PM

Not sure how to respond to such a daft conclusion. Will Surprise surprise suffice?

• Big_Ger  |  December 03 2012, 9:50PM

Well put H Trevorrow. Let's also not forget that MK councillors have dual roles; County Councillor; Andrew Long (Callington) Callington Town Council: Andrew Long County Councillor: Stuart Cullimore (Camborne South) Camborne Town Council: Stuart Cullimore County Councillor: Loveday Jenkin (Wendron) Crowan Parish Council :Loveday Jenkin County Councillor: Tamsin Williams (Penzance Central) Penzance Town Council: Tamsin Williams County Councillor:Dick Cole (St Enoder) St Enoder Parish Council: Dick Cole Let's not forget that some of these people also double up as national and European candidates as well!

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 03 2012, 10:42PM

And other than your usual Anglo centric, exclusive bitterness bigger, your point is? Did you ever stand for elected office? MK is making real advances whether you like it or not. Kernow bys vyken!

• Tstrunk  |  December 04 2012, 9:57AM

"MK is making real advances whether you like it or not." I don't think they are, due to people like you they seem untrustworthy and not a party that is good for one and all, sadly you don't see the damage you are doing to the party, blind to the problem, like why would someone vote for MK after reading what you post? Just take a long look, friend, lol you crack me up, given enough rope etc...

• H_Trevorrow  |  December 04 2012, 8:28PM

given that 1 of the MK county councillors is retiring is'nt the truth that mk are facing a 20% loss ?

• Big_Ger  |  December 04 2012, 8:28PM

My point exactly Tstrunk. The worst advert for Cornish nationalism, (and by association MK,) are Cornish nationalists.

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 04 2012, 11:21PM

And what are you crowd a good advertisement for bigger? Kernow bys vyken!

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!