Discussion

“Very interesting, any comments?... http://tinyurl.com/7rdhoqc

By youngcornwall Posted: July 01, 2012

68 comments

68 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • EndUKRule  |  July 01 2012, 5:05PM

The English press. A bit like their political 'fags', not to be trusted. Time Councillor Cole realised that!

• youngcornwall  |  July 01 2012, 6:31PM

"Now spot the differences! My original letter was as follows:" Well you did go on a bit Mr Cole. "It is little wonder that here in Cornwall the article has been variously described as "patronising," "sarcastic," "condescending" and "prejudicial."" I dare say a few do take a dim view, for Mr Cole to say "here in Cornwall", giving the impression he speaks for Cornwall and the people of Cornwall, which he most certainly does not, is leaving himself and MK open to ridicule once again.

• Chy_Howlek  |  July 01 2012, 7:17PM

Nowhere near as much ridicule as you Mr Harvey of Birmingham. Councillor for his Parish and for Cornwall and has articles published about him and his party in the London rags. Now. What did you ever achieve? You have all the brains of an English football fan!

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 01 2012, 8:05PM

Amongst Dick's many problems is his parties own name ''sons of cornwall''....??? Not so progressive after all then.....even the ''charismatic pixie'' seems to have to where trousers....!!!

• Chy_Howlek  |  July 01 2012, 8:21PM

Assistance rendered to English Trevorrow: 'parties' should read 'party's' 'where trousers' (?) - no idea English Trevorrow. I 'wear' my trousers. Do learn to speak and spell your own language English Trevorrow. There are excellent free classes available for illiterate people like you available at your library - well, in Cornwall's libraries I should add.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 01 2012, 8:35PM

lol

• Carvath  |  July 01 2012, 8:42PM

It just goes to show how these "Cornish" deniers should be ignored (or ridiculed where appropriate) :-). They're thicker than the proverbial.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 01 2012, 8:48PM

credit where it's due at least MK have the integrity to honestly tell thier constituents they are for devolution[ though they then decieve because they are for independence...dreckly} Whereas the LIB DEMS have gained power never mentioning their devolutionist agenda until very recently....no doubt a swan song as they face anihalation at the next general election.

• Slimslad  |  July 01 2012, 8:51PM

The C24 "attack sheep" wade in again with personal insults. Notice Dick Cole never challenged the MK membership of 600? The Labour Party can boast 793 members in Cornwall.

• youngcornwall  |  July 01 2012, 8:54PM

Come on Mike what about the topic, nothing to add then. If Mr Cole is going to play with the big boys he wants to start and get his act together.

• Slimslad  |  July 01 2012, 8:58PM

Whilst the C24 attack-sheep pour scorn and insult on any that challenge, I noticed that Dick Cole never challenged the 600-strong(?) membership of MK? How many of these members actually live in Cornwall,? As the 2001 MK Conference in Bodmin was held at the Shire Suite, (capacity 165)?

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 01 2012, 9:01PM

Mike never has anything on topic to say. Debate is beyond his intellect.

• Chy_Howlek  |  July 01 2012, 9:05PM

Assistance rendered to English Trevorrow: A simple ditty taught may assist the semi literate. It runs ' i before e except after c when the sound says ee ' So: 'thier' should be 'their' 'deceive' should be 'deceive' 'anihalation' should be 'annihilation' Ignore 'not so young cornwall' who is in Birmingham and 'Slimslad' who is in Newcastle. The best of them went running down their father's legs.

• Slimslad  |  July 01 2012, 9:24PM

No report from here. Old insults from a familiar source in Truro, perhaps? LOL Someone has spell-check.

• youngcornwall  |  July 01 2012, 9:32PM

Well I did ask for "any comments". Keep them coming nevertheless, it just shows how incapable some are at getting their point over, how frustrating it must be, all this education without the ability to put it to good use.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 01 2012, 9:44PM

chy is becoming the defender of the english language....he should get an award surely!

• everywhere  |  July 01 2012, 10:31PM

Ha Ha...Well done Chy Howlek...interesting theory about the best of them running down their father's legs....May i put forward another one?... that their mother's kept the afterbirth and discarded the babies ???...

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 01 2012, 10:54PM

@everywhere and chy howlek.............thanks . You do more to preserve cornwall as a county of England than i could ever hope to.

• everywhere  |  July 02 2012, 3:44AM

The thing is trevorrow..you are the abusive one...and so petty with it all...I mean what is the problem really??...contrary to your last post,its your type that inspire the Cornish to fight back....More and more Cornish folk are asserting their indentity,and the cornish language is gaining ground .. victory will be ours....learn to accept it and move on with your life!!!

• Slimslad  |  July 02 2012, 6:46AM

Excuse me, that should have read the 2011 MK Conference in Bodmin was held at the Shire Suite, (capacity 165)?"

• Carvath  |  July 02 2012, 7:33AM

First they can't spell, now they can't count. Not to be taken seriously.

• Slimslad  |  July 02 2012, 7:42AM

Well, 165 people can't be wrong.

• Carvath  |  July 02 2012, 8:20AM

Now count the number of councillors MK and Labour have in Cornwall, seeing you seek to contrast them above.

• Slimslad  |  July 02 2012, 8:21AM

"First they can't spell"? More and more Cornish folk are asserting their indentity(sic),and the cornish,(sic), language is gaining ground . "Not to be taken seriously." i quite agree. LOL

• Slimslad  |  July 02 2012, 8:26AM

"The Labour Party can boast 793 members in Cornwall." Mebyon Kernow,("The Party For Cornwall"), can boast 600 members,(I suspect not all in Cornwall).

• Carvath  |  July 02 2012, 8:30AM

Hello, H_T has morphed again and God knows what his fellow C24 reject is on about. Where's YC to make up the trio?

• ebxdlp  |  July 02 2012, 8:44AM

Carvath your so full of anger and acrimony.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 02 2012, 9:02AM

MK really are the ''sideshow bob'' of cornish politics. The concern should be for the deviant con merchants disguised as Lib Dems....having never been elected on a mandate of devolution they are working furiously toward that aim behind our backs.

• AnGof1955  |  July 02 2012, 9:07AM

Yet again YC and the rest of the dweebs completly miss the point, nothing new there then. A Newpaper yet again printing lies about Cornwall and Nationalism. The same as Imperialist inspired History and this is what the Dweebs base their so called facts on. Yawn Yawn.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 02 2012, 9:10AM

My fave comedy on source FM now.....LOL.

• ebxdlp  |  July 02 2012, 9:20AM

"AnGof1955 A Newpaper yet again printing lies about Cornwall and Nationalism" If the media is of importance then this link can not help MK explain its self to the world and how the rest reads is real problem as other people don't see England or the English this way, it is very different in the real world. http://tinyurl.com/cq5ew32

• youngcornwall  |  July 02 2012, 9:22AM

by ebxdlp "What is absolutely staggering about this is how Dick attempts to put it right and in doing so ends up showing a very lack of competence in dealing with and understanding the media and his own party." I suppose if you live and think like a country boy and those around you are of the same disposition it is understandable. Let's hope Mr Cole has learned from this, I dread to think how he would fair up with the likes of Jeremy Paxman interviewing him, if by some miracle he ever gets that far, Jethro being a comedian can get away with it and laugh it off but Mr Cole definitely needs a good PR person, otherwise he will be continually a joke.

• poldice  |  July 02 2012, 9:26AM

There is no room for anger or acrimony what is required is steely resolution which unfortunately MK currently lack, Dick Cole sadly is too nice to face the sort of flack he is inevitably going to encounter as the leader of his tiny party which has established a bridgehead in Cornish political life. If MK wish to gain credibility they must as a matter of urgency get their act together, sharpen up and take a credible case to their electorate to make themselves electable, if Dick & Co cant implement this challenge they will fail miserably which would be a tragedy for Cornwall and the Cornish.

• Carvath  |  July 02 2012, 10:22AM

Not at all ebxdlp, I'm too busy laughing at the attempts of sock puppetry by you and associates, I couldn't be full of anything: I've split my sides.

• everywhere  |  July 02 2012, 10:24AM

Simslad ,whoever you are,whatever you are?? you and your little rule britannia scumbags are doomed to failure...come on slimslad,what ya gonna do??..order in the sas and have us all assassinated...nobody will halt the Cornish movement!!!..least of all you!!!...our movement is democratic..we agitate,we move forward....pray it stays democratic slimslad!!!...and pray hard!!

• youngcornwall  |  July 02 2012, 11:09AM

by Carvath "Not at all ebxdlp, I'm too busy laughing at the attempts of sock puppetry by you and associates, I couldn't be full of anything: I've split my sides." Now come on Mike, this bravado by you isn't helping anyone, least of all MK, for goodness sake for once, post something that is worthwhile. If you lot on here want Cornwall to move forward with its own political party, start acting responsibly and not like school children.

• everywhere  |  July 02 2012, 12:20PM

I wonder what the goon patrol on here will do when they find that they cant hide behind their anonymous handles anymore....its seems we will soon have the power to discover who our english friends are....take note HC/YC AND SLIMSLAD!!!...interesting times ahead!!!!...

• Slimslad  |  July 02 2012, 1:20PM

its,(sic), seems we will soon have the power to discover who our english,(sic), friends are.? Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.

• youngcornwall  |  July 02 2012, 1:22PM

@everywhere…Are you for real? If you are an example of what the Cornish movement has to offer, you are better off keeping out of the way. Just out of interest are you a member of MK? Please say no, MK can't be that desperate surely.

• EndUKRule  |  July 02 2012, 1:53PM

I think a more appropriate question youngcornwall, is whether you are for real?

• everywhere  |  July 02 2012, 2:54PM

Are you for real ??..youngcornwall??..you are just an old man with nothing to offer!!!...all your rantings come from a might is right attitude and nothing else... your logic based on govevernment and judiciary rejection of Cornish identity... youngcornwall,,isn't that a misnomer???...no i'm not a wordsmith!!..and yes my grammar is atrocious...but some of us Cornish boys speak and write as it comes to us...spelling mistakes,,well ,no excuse for them ,,plain old laziness on my part..as for punctuation, feel free to throw in the old dots etc...where you like!!!...and in answer to your question..no,i am not a member of MK...but i will defend the party against the likes of you!!!...

• everywhere  |  July 02 2012, 3:07PM

Are you for real ??..youngcornwall??..you are just an old man with nothing to offer!!!...all your rantings come from a might is right attitude and nothing else... your logic based on government and judiciary rejection of Cornish identity... youngcornwall,,isn't that a misnomer???...no i'm not a wordsmith!!..and yes my grammar is atrocious...but some of us Cornish boys speak and write as it comes to us...spelling mistakes,,well ,no excuse for them ,,plain old laziness on my part..as for punctuation, feel free to throw in the old dots etc...where you like!!!...and in answer to your question..no,i am not a member of MK...but i will defend the party against the likes of you!!!...

• youngcornwall  |  July 02 2012, 3:32PM

by everywhere "and in answer to your question..no,i am not a member of MK...but i will defend the party against the likes of you!!!" And you honestly believe the party needs defending against the likes of me, I suppose you do, that figures. Nothing more to say then is there, just wait for your next round of abuse and threatening behaviour, before you come back with "you are right one to talk" a link would be fine, for you, just read your postings on this thread alone.

• Slimslad  |  July 02 2012, 3:57PM

Childish provocation, for what? To "enrage" folk into answering in the same vein? So they can go running to the EHRC with their claims of "racism"? LOL

• everywhere  |  July 02 2012, 4:31PM

oh,you poor man,,,did i frighten you old boy...sorry about that!!!....now, i will repeat again for you...the Cornish movement has not been violent to any individual...we are not the IRA,,and this is not Northern ireland.!!!....any violence forthcoming will come from the english state...and history tells us what they are capable of!!!...all i have stated is that when democracy is denied..and doors slammed shut..re J.Angarrack ...people will resort to other means...History has shown this many times has it not youngcornwall...but I think you can safely go to bed tonight without looking under the bed for a bomb....hahahaha....perhaps you see yourself as youngcornwall, hammer of the cornish..number one target for for terrorist reprisals...idiot!!!

• Chy_Howlek  |  July 02 2012, 4:52PM

You'd have quite a long walk 'everywhere'. The not so 'youngcornwall' is up in England, in the West Midlands to be exact whilst his rather strange bedfellow is further away, up in Newcastle. That's several hundred miles as the 'cormorants' fly, eh, 'Slimslad'? ;-)))

• Slimslad  |  July 02 2012, 5:02PM

"So much "information"! I am totally underwhelmed. LOL

• everywhere  |  July 02 2012, 5:59PM

yeah,i know chy... its a waste of time with these later day st george goons....riding out of the mists of merry england....lances at the point...swords flashing...striking down Cornish aspirations left..right and centre....will we survive this mighty onslaught.???...he he....

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 02 2012, 6:02PM

Angarrack has never been democratically elected and , afaik, does'nt represent any democratic organisation.....why blame democracy for his failures??? The only democratic action Angarrack has been involved in is when he failed by raising a puny 38k towards his pet issue 'fighting fund''..........a failing fund would be better named as cornwall en masse rejected him and his warped view.{as we always do}

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 02 2012, 6:55PM

Everywhere talks of 'Cornish aspirations' as if he alone has a monoploly franchise on it........you do not represent ''Cornish aspirations''....clearly from your messages you are just a bitter nobody whingeing like a baby on behalf of your own distorted aspirations.

• youngcornwall  |  July 03 2012, 11:28AM

by H_Trevorrow "Everywhere talks of 'Cornish aspirations' as if he alone has a monoploly franchise on it." We all have our ambitions and see things slightly differently than others maybe, but the knack is to come together as one. Cornwall is renowned for those who wish to go it alone and stand as an "independent", with the freedom that this entails that is all well and good but there comes a time for unity, yes we will always have those that will stand as an independent but it is the lose cannons without any affiliation to any party that tarnish a political party, subsequently they end up getting tarred with the same brush, we have seen this happen too often with MK.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 03 2012, 9:22PM

I've said it before and I will say it again- "MK really are the ''sideshow bob'' of cornish politics. The concern should be for the deviant con merchants disguised as Lib Dems....having never been elected on a mandate of devolution they are working furiously toward that aim behind our backs."

• EndUKRule  |  July 03 2012, 9:35PM

Many Cornish Patriots realise that MK members are often MPs under different party arrangements. Lib Dems even Tories. That's why George Eustace up there in Camborne Redruth wants English Heritage out. And they are likely to go with a bit of luck. My vote is for Andrew. Still MK underneath. Slowly, we shall win back Cornwall from the English.

• ebxdlp  |  July 03 2012, 10:08PM

by EndUKRuleTuesday, July 03 2012, 9:35PM " That's why George Eustace up there in Camborne Redruth wants English Heritage out." Read up before putting your foot in your mouth! It was tory policy to remove quangos well before they came to power, nothing to do with the word "English". They said they would remove quangos and put the power back in the hands of local people it is the same up and down the Country.

• EndUKRule  |  July 03 2012, 10:19PM

Wrong. George Eustace said in a speech I attended that 'it is our heritage and not English'. I was there. I heard it said. That refers to English Heritage up and down our Country.....of Cornwall.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 03 2012, 10:51PM

The prospect of cornwall councillors being given more power is why nobody campaigns for this at general elections. Except for Lib dems{since recently} ...who now have nothing to lose as they cop the blame for , well , everything really and will be seen as dishonest for not including seperatism in thier core campaign As we get used to a new paradigm of being skint i suspect the electorate will look to the party of prudence and economic efficiency to sort this mess.... farewell labour and lib dems...

• ebxdlp  |  July 03 2012, 11:16PM

EndUKRule, You miss misunderstood him more like it. It was and is a tory policy to remove the quangos and place the power/money back in the hands of locals, "English heritage" being one, they said this well before they came to power. Understand this George Eustace is NOT an independent politician, but you think he is! Like HE REMOVED THE FUNDING FROM "English heritage" right? do one fool!

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 03 2012, 11:26PM

According to ukrule the conservatives are closet cornish nationalists...and so are all other politicians.....job done then ... no need for ukrule to comment further...?????? Hilarious.

• ebxdlp  |  July 03 2012, 11:32PM

PS EndUKRule we been here before with you! Is it George Eustace? or George Eustice? I love playing games but even this is too painful for me!

• youngcornwall  |  July 04 2012, 9:40AM

by H_Trevorrow "According to ukrule the conservatives are closet cornish nationalists...and so are all other politicians" I wouldn't go as far as to say "closet Cornish nationalists", what I will say MK are leaving themselves wide open with no fault of their own, being associated with the ridiculous Cornish Liberation Army kind of talk on here and elsewhere. When the going gets tough politicians of all persuasions will use any trick in the book to undermine their opponents, be it true or not, it is not too difficult to accumulate these kind of statements from supposedly supporters of MK, not once has MK ever put up a representative to put their side of things, so we are all left with "there is no smoke without fire" attitude.

• ebxdlp  |  July 04 2012, 10:01AM

"by H_TrevorrowTuesday, July 03 2012, 9:22PM "MK really are the ''sideshow bob'' of cornish politics." by poldiceMonday, July 02 2012, 9:26AM "There is no room for anger or acrimony what is required is steely resolution which unfortunately MK currently lack" With MK bloggers sprouting stuff about the way and why and how people should view being English it makes you wonder! http://tinyurl.com/bwa74ak The sentiment is misplaced here, however well this comes across it is not helpful in forming a 'Just society' the MK guy here has mixed issues in his private and public life and in doing so is making a judgment, either way you can't have your cake and eat it. Dick on the other hand wants to complain about being misrepresented by the press, well he should first off read up what his party members are up to before attempting to tell us anything about who MK are and what they are about!

• Slimslad  |  July 04 2012, 10:03AM

Don't patronise the Cornish Your article "Free Cornwall" (Magazine) misrepresented what Mebyon Kernow – the party for Cornwall (MK) – stands for. MK is not campaigning for independence, but greater self-government/devolution through a national assembly for Cornwall. The article was based around vague and unsubstantiated claims of "separation", was disrespectful to the Cornish language and, in what century is it acceptable to describe Cllr Dr Loveday Jenkin as "a charismatic MK pixie"? It is little wonder that here in Cornwall the article has been described as "patronising", "sarcastic", "condescending" and "prejudicial". Cllr Dick Cole Leader, Mebyon Kernow Notice, "misrepresented", never " yet again printing lies about Cornwall and Nationalism"

• youngcornwall  |  July 04 2012, 4:29PM

by ebxdlp "Dick on the other hand wants to complain about being misrepresented by the press, well he should first off read up what his party members are up to before attempting to tell us anything about who MK are and what they are about!" When these people, whatever name they use at any particular time are confronted, by mainly those who have been conveniently categorised as being trolls, in search for the truth, they just shut up shop. On the odd occasion when a real live name was being used and asked to explain his posting regarding graffiti and the use of, the door was slammed in your face, these little misunderstandings have a funny little habit of coming back to haunt you, much better to get them cleared up at the earliest opportunity I would have thought.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 04 2012, 6:38PM

Mr Richarson mk cc- moved to Cornwall in 2008 and already an expert.

• Slimslad  |  July 04 2012, 8:19PM

But when the chips are down...

• Carvath  |  July 04 2012, 11:49PM

You seem to be confusing the position of Parish Councillor with Cornwall Councillor (Unitary). Do you actually know there is a difference? Otherwise keep on talking to yourselves, not many others seem interested.

• youngcornwall  |  July 05 2012, 8:43AM

by Carvath "Otherwise keep on talking to yourselves, not many others seem interested." Either that Mike or they are stuck for words, this often is the case when confronted with the truth and reality. I am a little more hopeful than that though, I would like to believe that someone somewhere is bold enough to put someone up from MK to explain, failing that, actions speak louder than words.

• Chy_Howlek  |  July 05 2012, 10:10AM

Interesting to see that English Trevorrow's silly postings just fade away. He is probably too busy playing with his toy boats to notice. Either that, or he is just plain thick.

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!