By West Briton Posted: December 04, 2012

9 comments

9 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • CallingtonFox  |  December 04 2012, 3:23PM

Note well: Church of England.

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 04 2012, 6:20PM

Yes, they will actually. Good news about the University of Cornwall as well! Kernow bys vyken!

• CallingtonFox  |  December 04 2012, 9:29PM

No nationalist trying to tell us that the Church of England in Cornwall has nothing to do with Cornwall being a separate country? Of course not, because it is yet more proof, as if it were needed, of Cornwall being English.

• PaddyTrembath  |  December 05 2012, 12:16AM

CallingtonFox wrote:- "No nationalist trying to tell us that the Church of England in Cornwall has nothing to do with Cornwall being a separate country? Of course not, because it is yet more proof, as if it were needed, of Cornwall being English." But the Church of England is in Wales, Scotland, and many other countries. So no such proof there then.

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 05 2012, 1:48AM

The Church of England - founded to allow for the perverted sexual dalliances of an English monarch and bloodily enforced on the Cornish at a cost of 11% of the population. Commemorated every year by Cornish Patriots at the Glasney Memorial as unveiled by the then Lord Lieutenant of Cornwall and subject of an expression of regret by Bishop Ind. Yes, we all know about the English and their beloved (mostly empty) church. Callington Fox - you really couldn't make him up to quote a much used phrase of bigger. Kernow bys vyken!

• CallingtonFox  |  December 05 2012, 10:53AM

Hello Paddy, thank you for giving a reasoned reply, you are one of the very few who always does so. Of course you are right, but you miss the point; the Church of England in its 'mission statements' clearly defines its role in other countries but Cornwall is not included among them because it is a part of England.

• PaddyTrembath  |  December 05 2012, 11:09AM

I would not say that that is the proof you seek, nor would I consider it in any way significant. To have an "Establishment" body follow the "Establishment" line is hardly surprising, nor proof. As a matter of interest, did the church have "mission statements" for Wales, and Scotland in the past, say 200 years ago, 300 years ago?

• CallingtonFox  |  December 05 2012, 11:46AM

Paddy Trembath wrote: an "Establishment" body follow the "Establishment" line is hardly surprising, nor proof." So they are a part of the massive conspiracy we hear about yet nobody can provide anything to back up the idea? Mission statements, was my own wording, I used it to cover various articles explaining/outlining the Church's roles.

• JJLee  |  December 06 2012, 7:41AM

Attempting to twist this back on topic. A really bad idea, using the word SUPER alone sounds alarm bells for me. When they try to do trendy things it is almost certainly going to fail and with education it simply is not worth the risk. Employers already say schools are producing children unable to communicate or do basic arithmetic, yet have O and A levels, a complete scandal that needs addressing before we start doing SUPER things. And op no speaking Cornish is a hobby for a few dozen families; it is not skill for life.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!