By JJLee Posted: December 04, 2012

6 comments

6 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • JJLee  |  December 04 2012, 7:57AM

For clarity nationalists used to propose the Guernsey model for Cornwall

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 04 2012, 6:22PM

For clarity, Guernsey is a Crown dependency and not part of the UK. It is not in such poor financial order as the United Kingdom as the coming Westminster budget will show. Kernow bys vyken!

• JJLee  |  December 05 2012, 9:18AM

Let's say just for fun, Cornwall was independent, the very first thing that would happen would be for all the money and skilled workers would leave. What plan have the nationalists got for producing enough money to support a nation? Like I say just for fun, knowing this will never happen in our lifetime as we produce nothing and Cornwall will no longer receive EU handouts as we would not be able to contribute anything. As the EU acts like one big Ponzi scheme. Look forward to your answer

• PaddyTrembath  |  December 05 2012, 11:15AM

Let's say just for fun, Cornwall was independent, the very first thing that would happen would be for all the money and skilled workers would stay and help build Cornwall's economy into a world leading one. Who would the WASPs then mock?

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 05 2012, 12:17PM

I recall the same silly remarks as those made by JJLee, were made before Malta became independent. Smaller than Kernow, I see no want or need there nor on the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Luxembourg, Andorra or any of the other dozens of places the size of Kernow or smaller. But then, we are not seeking independence at the moment. Autonomy would do like London, Scotland, Wales, North Ireland, Falklands, Gibralter, Man, CI or any modern federated European or United State. Kernow bys vyken!

• JJLee  |  December 05 2012, 12:31PM

I see the flaw in being a nationalists then if you do want independence, or should I say acceptance of the realisation that such a thing is ultimately impossible at any level! Particularly when the stance you take is to mock the people you need to help fulfil such a dream. Not a very good plan. The biggest issue is always going to be the fact no such nation as Kernow exists for the inhabitants of the English county of Cornwall quickly followed by the unavailability of funds or produce, I see now where MK's plan falls flat, thanks for the help.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!