Login Register
 °

Discussion

“The current version of the Union flag dates from 1801. It has been subject to many alterations and changes.

The Scottish freedom referendum is in 2014 with a projected freedom date sometime in 2016.

What will happen to the short lived Union flag then?”

By Chy_Howlek Posted: June 14, 2012

2 comments

2 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Taxman100  |  June 14 2012, 10:17AM

The Union Flag, or Jack, has only been modified on one occasion since 1606; in 1801 when the Cross saltire of St. Patrick was added. I assume Chy_Howlek you have a crystal ball which allows you to forecast the outcome of a referendum to be held in 2014. The referendum on independence/devo max for Scotland is to allow a decision to may be made by the Scottish people, and those currently residing in Scotland - not Cornish Nationalists jumping onto any anti-English bandwagon in Cornwall - but, then that is an odd stance, as if you are a Cornishman, then you are English!

• Chy_Howlek  |  June 14 2012, 3:29PM

I am not an Englishman, I am Cornish and to call me anything else against my will is illegal. The English are a myth. My passport states that I am of the European Community and British. No mention of English. My driving licence is a UK one. No mention of English. Last year I received a nice letter with the Census 2011 from the Cornwall Council confirmed by huge posters, some as bis as the bus stop to tell me the following: Nationality: Cornish Ethnicity: Cornish Language: Cornish I was happy to oblige. Not English I registered with my GP. The form had a Cornish tick box. I ticked it. Not English. I registered with the Library. The form had a Cornish tick box. I ticked it. Not English. My children were included in the PLASC survey at the school. They completed the form ticking Cornish. Two of 44% in Kernow overall who have similarly identified as Cornish. Not English. I speak the Cornish Language, first Unified and now Single Written Form as recognised by Westminster and Europe. The Cornish Language. Not English. Any form I fill out, I identify myself as Cornish. Not English. I am entitled under every European Convention to call myself Cornish and to identify as Cornish. I do. My wife does. Our parents do. Our children do. Not English. Cornish not English. Cornwall not England. Never, ever. The English are a myth!

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!