Login Register
 °

Discussion

“Right wing Tories and UKIP members get increasingly 'extremist, barmy or nasty'!

UKIP has suspended an Oxfordshire councillor after he blamed recent flooding on the government's decision to legalise gay marriage.

http://tinyurl.com/nlgqzfl

By IainS Posted: January 19, 2014

9 comments

9 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • josdave  |  January 20 2014, 11:03AM

While that is stupid UKIP remain the only party that is not committed to throwing more of OUR money down the EU drain.

• Anyone  |  January 20 2014, 7:51PM

@ josdave, UKIP will throw more of our money down the drain whether in the EU or not, also they are some of the biggest offenders in the EU parliament for fiddling their expenses. They are no better that the rest of the political parties, in fact they are probably the worst, considering the calibre of their press statements from their elected representatives!!!!!! The only thing UKIP is committed to is themselves and Farage.

• AnBalores  |  January 20 2014, 8:36PM

Now I note that Farage has upset women voters with sexist remarks. A rum bunch the lot of them and quite naturally, their type of party appeals to the Conservatives as well. And yes, plenty of evidence that they are fiddling their expenses too. And to think people actually vote for these UKIP idiots!

• Plautus  |  January 21 2014, 2:48AM

Why waste time bickering over the relative merits of a bunch of shysters and snake-oil salesmen? Just pray for the day the army round them up and shoot the lot of them.

• AnBalores  |  January 26 2014, 3:14PM

I wouldn't wish that on them and anyway, thankfully, the Conservatives have cut military spending so much I doubt there are enough soldiers to do the job. More interesting is that Farage is distancing himself from his rather lunatic UKIP party manifesto which he has written the introduction to. UKIP like the Conservatives are going slowly mad! And Labour, well, they really pale in to utter insignificance.

• IainS  |  January 26 2014, 9:44PM

Labour mmmmm. Do they still exist?

• IainS  |  January 27 2014, 4:06PM

I go to Brussels to claim £200,000 in allowances, admits Ukip MEP who has done NOTHING in Parliament in the last year Ukip MEP has admitted one of the only reasons he turns up in Brussels is to claim £200,000 in allowances. Trevor Colman has not done anything in the European Parliament in the last year, and has only taken part in half of votes since 2009. The South West MEP insisted he could not see the point in making speeches in the Parliament, and instead claimed the taxpayers' money to fund an anti-EU website. All MEPs receive a salary of £78,000 but must 'clock in' to the Parliament building in order to receive various allowances. However, Mr Colman has only made speeches or asked questions just 19 times, well behind the average of the five other MEPs in the South West. Read more: http://tinyurl.com/qhfzvdk

• josdave  |  January 27 2014, 4:28PM

Apart from quoting Colman please tell me if any other MEP from any party has done anything other than claim expenses.

• AnBalores  |  January 27 2014, 5:57PM

A lot of people have been taken in by UKIP, well, at least Farage's UKIP. They really should take a look at this forum http://tinyurl.com/q5ctgjy

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!