Login Register
 °

Discussion

“Proud to be English. Proud of my COUNTY of Cornwall.
Recognised by HRH the Queen.
Long live the Queen.”

By teampenzance Posted: June 09, 2012

37 comments

37 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • youngcornwall  |  June 09 2012, 12:26PM

"Proud to be English. Proud of my COUNTY of Cornwall" Not very proud of Cornwall's new breed of nats it must be said. I would bet a £1 to a 1d not one of these renegade nats has any association with the "Old Cornish Societies". I am all in favour of gathering the fragments of Cornwall's past, but not at the expense of Cornwall's future, the genuine Nationalist would soon distance themselves from this lot and wouldn't wish to be associated with them I am sure.

• AnGof1955  |  June 09 2012, 12:40PM

One could spend Hours explaining why you are wrong, and it is very easy to do that believe me. However I do think it would be a waste of anyones time to try and Educate People who do not wish to be Educated.

• youngcornwall  |  June 09 2012, 1:10PM

That is OK AnGof1955 you tell me what branch of the Federation of Old Cornwall Societies (FOCS) you are in, and I will take it from there.

• teampenzance  |  June 09 2012, 1:42PM

educate or brainwash? i am perfectly capable of reading , comprehending and reaching my own conclusions thankyou angof.

• AnGof1955  |  June 09 2012, 2:10PM

To date on this forum YC, you and the others who think like you have failed 100% to post any facts to back your position. On the other hand Cornish Nationalists have posted time and time again the facts to back our position. All you do is call People extremists, which is total rubbish and you know it. Anyone without a pre concieved idea on this would and can see through your agenda. Your claims of anti English is total rubbish, just because we have a Nationalist position doesn't make us anti anyone. No more than a Person who calls himself English is anti Spanish or anti Italian. It is easy to sling mud YC, the trouble is you and the others cannot make it stick, the reason why, because you are totally wrong. As for you Teampenzance, you might be able to read, Janet and John I expect, but you do not have any idea of comprehending what you read. Also your conclusions are way, way off the mark. So far all you have proven is that you post lies.

• teampenzance  |  June 09 2012, 2:46PM

If i can help you there angof - your argument as usual says you're anti the english establishment not the english people. Where you lose me is when you are determined to be part of the establishment {evidence by much joy on seeing the piran cross on Gloriana hence proving you/us being an integeral part of the establishment} and yet you then want to be seen as outside of the esablishment. Having your cake and eating it? The sub text of what you are saying ='' hate the establishment but acknowledge we are the establishment'' is wholly unsustainable - your argument defeats itself. Just answering that england and cornwall are operating in seperate universes dose'nt wash - you are either at the core of uk endeavours or you are not.

• AnGof1955  |  June 09 2012, 3:18PM

Like I said Teampenzance, you do not comprehend what you read, your post proves this beyond any doubt. Like your understanding of Cornish Nationalism, you just do not have a clue. The Flag of St Piran being flown on the Gloriana is proof of our claim to Nationhood. Since when did I say that England and Cornwall operate in seperate Universes? What a stupid thing to post. We all live in the now, we are where we are. Some accept that other's English, Welsh, Scots and Cornish want to change that for the better. The Establishment use the English as much as they use anyone else, you know the 1%, you must of heard of them surely. What you seem to misunderstand is that Cornish Nationalism is one thing, and being anti the Establishment is something else. I am a Republican because I do not think that any Human is better than another, therefore nobody has the Divine Right to anything. I do not have anything against the Royals in a personal sense, but they are just Humans like the rest of us. I do not accept that as being Royals in any way gives them the right to privilege over any other Person in our Society. I am a Citizen, I am NOT anyones subject. I am a Cornish Nationalist because Cornwalls true position is a Nation, it's that simple. You mention the UK, did you know that Cornwall is not a part of the UK? I bet you didn't. Cornwall is part of Britain. The UK only consists of England, Scotland, Wales and the North of Ireland, it does not contain Cornwall, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands. How can you hope to understand anything when you do not know anything about the British Constitution? Your UK and my UK are two different things. I want a UK built on equality between the Nations of Britain, with respect to their seperate Culture, Language and Identity. Your UK, the present one, is based upon English domination of the other Nations of Britain, which is why it will eventually collapse.

• youngcornwall  |  June 09 2012, 4:13PM

Ducking and diving will not help you AnGof1955 and you are fooling no one. http://tinyurl.com/cu52un8

• teampenzance  |  June 09 2012, 4:52PM

Pure semantics and pc tosh angof. On the front cover of my passport it says '' United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island'' on the inside cover'' Her Britanic Majesty's Secretary of state requests and requires in the name of her Majesty all those who it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely etc etc'' Next you'll pointing out that Cornwall never signed any union treaties...so what we did'nt need to we had already been subsumed into England. Simple as. As for the 1% non sense - this is about selling of a best seller book and the mantra from those economic wizz kids of the Occupy movement- nothing more than bogus theory. Odd how an evocative figure of 1% versus 99 % is so often the basis of mock campaigns of inequality...surely something like 14 .7% vs 85.3% would be more scientifically believe. But no it is always the 1% tosh.

• AnGof1955  |  June 09 2012, 7:15PM

You both need to grow up

• youngcornwall  |  June 09 2012, 8:14PM

I have grown up AnGof1955. Went to school and worked in Cornwall, and can remember too well when it was the norm to stand to attention at the end of an event, such as the cinema etc, when the national anthem was played, OK that has gone now, so to has a lot of respect right across the board in my opinion.

• Gwynnhadu  |  June 09 2012, 9:59PM

But you aren't in Cornwall now are you? A little like the Antbod/Teampenzance semi literate poster who has re emerged here. So ignorant, he struggles to spell his own name and to string a sentence together. What a pair of clowns.

• Slimslad  |  June 09 2012, 10:11PM

"There are two kinds of patriotism -- monarchical patriotism and republican patriotism. In the one case the government and the king may rightfully furnish you their notions of patriotism; in the other, neither the government nor the entire nation is privileged to dictate to any individual what the form of his patriotism shall be. The gospel of the monarchical patriotism is: "The King can do no wrong." We have adopted it with all its servility, with an unimportant change in the wording: "Our country, right or wrong!" We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had:-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism." ( Mark Twain)

• teampenzance  |  June 09 2012, 11:15PM

''i as a cornishman AM equally proud'' {not is equally proud}- i know- its late but this is basic stuff mick....

• youngcornwall  |  June 10 2012, 9:25AM

by Gwynnhadu "A little like the Antbod/Teampenzance semi literate poster who has re emerged here. So ignorant, he struggles to spell his own name and to string a sentence together." And I suppose you and the rest of the nat trolls from c24 are perfect? So perfect you are still not happy with your lot, tell us what you love about Cornwall what is good in Cornwall for you, it certainly isn't coming over on these pages.

• teampenzance  |  June 10 2012, 10:02AM

Respect to the moderators here at TIC for allowing free speech. Unlike C24 where anyone off message is barred. C24 , home of the cornish nats, has become the antipathy of freedom of expression. They, c24, run an internet forum that is so sensored it would make Stalin blush but still think they are speaking on behalf of Cornwall.

• KernowGB  |  June 10 2012, 12:02PM

@teampenzance (re Sunday, June 10 2012, 10:02AM) What, you mean like the 7 'censored' posts that have 'mysteriously' disappeared from, here: http://tinyurl.com/c75jx4v since 5 pm yesterday, which included mine that I posted yesterday in response to yours?

• teampenzance  |  June 10 2012, 12:11PM

at least one of mine was lifted...your point? {balanced moderation here i think} i note c24 has all but died as its moderator has snuffed freedom of expression- now reduced to a sterile self appreciation soc. Such a great shop window for separtism - not.

• gwenonek  |  June 10 2012, 12:20PM

In as much as I have never posted on Cornwall 24 nor even knew about it before reading about it on this forum, the obsession with it is incredible. If it is as insignificant as many say here, then why is it so often included in postings here?

• gwenonek  |  June 10 2012, 12:22PM

Further, 'teampenzance', your correction of another poster's grammar and spelling is hilarious in view of your own efforts. You are a classic example of a 16 year old whose understanding of language is restricted to the use of texts and the internet.

• youngcornwall  |  June 10 2012, 12:40PM

These renegade nats not being affiliated to any organisation are just out to do with this site what has been done with c24, in c24s case that was not such a bad thing, the only good, if you can call it good that has come out of there, was the fact that they have shown the world the other side of Cornwall, howbeit the not very pleasant side.

• KernowGB  |  June 10 2012, 12:52PM

@teampenzance (re Sunday, June 10 2012, 12:11PM) The first line of your post @Sunday, June 10 2012, 10:02AM is the point, because it has been proved incorrect. Simple really! Balanced? Definitely not. If it were balanced, other than simply 'being reported', then there should have been an explanation as to... why? The ongoing obsession with C24 is really quite illuminating, but you and your friends are still inveterate time-wasters with nothing to say of any consequence - especially as you continue to contrive to construct a message that there is nothing to worry about. Why. then, are you all so worried about 'nothing'? I have given lots of information to show that Cornwall is not a 'county', or even, 'in England', would it not be more productive to your, otherwise empty, claims to prove me wrong? The fact that you opened this thread with 'Proud to be English' shows how big the gap is between us. At least have the integrity to defend your position.

• KernowGB  |  June 10 2012, 1:02PM

@youngcornwall (re Sunday, June 10 2012, 12:40PM) If at first you don't succeed, try, try again and call the '"renegade nats". 10/10 for effort but 0/10 for substance. Nothing new there, then, is there?

• teampenzance  |  June 10 2012, 1:42PM

kgb you want to change things then it is your lot to present a case. I could be helpfull and engage your facts but i already know how that will end. It ends up with you hopping from foot to foot waving ancient documents whining like some Orwellian beauracratic minor cleric '' look the paper work..its the paper work..they have'nt done the paper work...my filing system won't be right''

• youngcornwall  |  June 10 2012, 2:52PM

"These renegade nats not being affiliated to any organisation" And not being accountable to anyone, just waiting to jump on the next bandwagon that is passing. Not forgetting those who have deleted their own posting on c24 and came over here with a different name.

• youngcornwall  |  June 10 2012, 4:33PM

Maybe "weird" but truthful.

• teampenzance  |  June 10 2012, 5:06PM

down at the harbour there's a naval ship 'dressed all over' with a Union Jack resplendent at the bow. Quite a sight. I noticed this recent invention baner piran has been given equal prominence with a a jolly rodger skull and crossbones. Does this mean her Majesty is sending more subliminal signals to the Cornish nationalist movement.??? Does it signal that the nation of Pirate is also being recognised in its rightful place??? It' s all quite puzzling.

• KernowGB  |  June 10 2012, 5:24PM

by youngcornwall - Sunday, June 10 2012, 4:33PM "Maybe "weird" but truthful." ---------------------------------------------------- How, on earth, would anyone know that? is that why you walked away from your own, supposed, "search for the Truth"? Like the rest of your friends, you never substantiate anything you say. Safer that way, I suppose, no worries about being held to account.

• youngcornwall  |  June 10 2012, 7:21PM

"How, on earth, would anyone know that?" True, some wouldn't know the truth if it was starring them in the face. I will let you have the last word on this if you like, you wouldn't sleep tonight if you didn't.

• tylertoby  |  June 11 2012, 11:58AM

"Nat trolls are a lot like alcohol: the more they post, the less they are able to make any sense, defaulting quickly to abuse."

• crowsanwra  |  June 11 2012, 12:28PM

As for teampenzance, I had better answer your posting quickly before it is deleted like so many of the others you have put up. The Baner St Piran predates hundreds of other National flags across the world. It predates many in the British Isles as well. Would you like a list? Your queen was happy to fly Cornwall's National Flag of St Piran on her royal barge Gloriana giving it equality with those of Wales, Scotland, North Ireland and Engerland. It is permanently flown outside Cornwall's seat of government at Lys Kernow. The former should be good enough for you. The latter is certainly good enough for me.

• dorchanthings  |  June 15 2012, 6:50AM

Hello everyone. After reading the post I thought that why we arguing with each other on this topic. On this earth all human being are same. This world is made by god for whom everyone is same. It's just waste of time to criticizing each other. We have to educate those people who are not aware of all such things, So that they can understand the value of their life & give respect to one another.

• poldice  |  June 15 2012, 8:54AM

I quite agree, but respect is a two way street, unless or until the English and Cornish see fit to respect each other as equals and move on the futile name calling and point scoring will continue unabated. Its not a million miles from football actually which is but a ritualised highly profitable form of tribalism.

• cweatherhill  |  June 15 2012, 12:09PM

I am one of your "Cornish Nationalists", Mr Harvey. I have written for the "Old Cornwall" journal, and have given scores of lectures to various branches of the Federation of Old Cornwall Societies ove rthe last 30 years. So you've lost your bet.

• cweatherhill  |  June 15 2012, 12:12PM

TeamPenzance, I don't know where you got your education but Cornwall is the only constituent nation of the UK that is NOT directly ruled by the Queen. Check the Duchy Charters, the Duchy v Crown dispute of the 1850s and even the Tamar Bridge Act 1998 to see who does. Too many English nationalist trolls here.

• TheodoreV  |  June 15 2012, 12:57PM

"by AnGof1955Saturday, June 09 2012, 3:18PM "Like I said Teampenzance, you do not comprehend what you read, your post proves this beyond any doubt. Like your understanding of Cornish Nationalism, you just do not have a clue. The Flag of St Piran being flown on the Gloriana is proof of our claim to Nationhood." Oh really? Up the tablets nurse.

• everywhere  |  June 27 2012, 2:24AM

Old post i know....Youngcornwall,you say you are old enough to remember when people stood for the national anthem......I'm puzzled by your handle??...shouldn't that be oldcornwall then??..you certainly spout old and tired outdated garbage!!...moveover old man...the young cornish are on the march....

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!