Login Register

Discussion

“Kesareth Konsel Predennek-Iwerdhonek

Dhe’n 13ves a vis Du kanaseth dhyworth Kernow, y’ga mysk Rael Harvey, Esther Johns, Jenefer Lowe,
Rhisiart -Tal-e-bot ha Mike Tresidder eth dhe gesareth Konsel Predennek Iwerdhonek yn Kardydh
fogellys dhe avonsya yethow teythyek byhan ha le usys dre adhyskans bledhynnyow a-varr.
An hwarvos a ros chons dhe dus ena dhe oberi gans kanasow a-hys an ranngylgh oberi YTBL
(yethow teythyek, byhan ha le-usys) gans kevres a obershoppys ha keskowsow.
(An bagas YTBL a breder a-dro dhe Iwerdhonek, Kembrek, Gwydhalek, Skots, Skots Ulster,
Manowek, Jeries, Frynkek Gernsi ha Kernewek)
Nyns yw marnas dhe les goslowes a-dro dhe byth esa tus erel ow kul dhyworth gwelva adhyskel
bledhynnyow a-varr ha kevrenna praktis da, ynwedh hemm a ros chons dhe’n ganaseth kernewek
dhe gewsel a-dro dh’agan kas yn unnik dhe woslowysi ledanna.
Yn hwir, ni a grys bos resnadow dhe leverel, nag o marnas helder a spyrys diskwedhys war-tu an kas
Kernewek yn tien, mes ynwedh nebes attendyoryon a brederis bos dyskansow ha prevyansow a ylli
Bos dhe les y’ga menystransow aga honan.
Pella kedhlow a-dro dhe Gonsel Predennek Iwerdhonek, visityewgh:
http://tinyurl.com/6oxhmxv

(Representatives of Cornwall Council, Cornish linguists and the General Secretary of the Celtic League attend a gathering of the British Irish Council)”

By MapSerpren Posted: February 25, 2013

9 comments

9 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • youngcornwall  |  February 25 2013, 12:50PM

What a shame there isn't any interpretation to accompany this thread. What is the point may I ask? It stands a very good chance of being of the Cornish language that is a fact, but what is the intention behind this kind of approach? In an attempt to promote and gain a little more interest in the Cornish language and yes this thread, would anyone be obliging enough to translate this wording below into Cornish please? Cornish Lament Away from it all now my old body no longer of any use No more tongues with venomous fangs hurling their spite and abuse Kernow was in my heart and Cornish was all that I wanted to be Keep on with the good fight if not for others certainly for me. yc

• Carvath  |  February 25 2013, 1:35PM

It makes a lot more sense YC than your poem. BRITISH IRISH COUNCIL SEMINAR On the 13th of November a delegation from Cornwall consisting of Rael Harvey, Esther Johns, Jenefer Lowe, Rhisiart -Tal-e-bot and Mike Tresidder attended a British Irish Council seminar in Cardiff focused on promoting indigenous, minority and lesser-used languages through early years education. The event provided the attendees the opportunity to work with delegates from across the IML(Indigenous, Minority and lesser-used Languages) work sector in a series of workshops and discussions. (The IMLs the group concentrates on are Irish, Welsh, Gaelic, Scots, Ulster Scots, Manx, Jèrriais, Guernsey French and Cornish). Not only was the event useful to hear about what other people are doing from an early years educational perspective and share good practice, it also allowed the Cornish delegation the opportunity to articulate our unique circumstances to a wider audience. Indeed, we think it's fair to say that, not only was a generosity of spirit demonstrated towards the Cornish experience as a whole, some attendees felt we had practical lessons and experiences that could be of use in their own administrations. ** As an extra, note the similarity between 'Predennek' for British in Kernewek and the place name 'Predannack' on the Lizard Peninsula. Far-reaching historical significance, I would think.

• youngcornwall  |  February 25 2013, 2:11PM

by Carvath "It makes a lot more sense YC than your poem." I did say "would anyone be obliging enough", clearly not you Mike.

• TheTruronian  |  February 25 2013, 2:37PM

Great reading. Thanks MapSerpren and Carvath. It is good to see Cornwall participating in the BIC.

• Carvath  |  February 25 2013, 4:38PM

You're about as Cornish as a Devonshire dumpling or a pork pie YC. LOL

• ThomasFlamank  |  February 25 2013, 4:48PM

@ youngcornwall - the use of the wonderful Cornish language is allowed by forum rules. I strongly suggest you read the rules.

• H_Trevorrow  |  February 25 2013, 4:56PM

yc nobody has grasped the idea because the only benefits are to a minority political agenda....where is the support for english based indigenous language ie ***bric or mercian or kentish or west saxon or northumbrian. Does anyone really believe reece talbot has an interest in helping nurture any cultural stimulation outside his celtic clique....lol

• youngcornwall  |  February 25 2013, 6:21PM

by H_Trevorrow "yc nobody has grasped the idea" Yes I will take the scenic route for a little while on this one, you know about taking a horse to water and all that lol.

• Carvath  |  February 26 2013, 1:44PM

H_Trevorrow, there seems to be quite a need for language teaching and appreciation. Rhisiart is the Welsh equivalent of English Richard, not Reece which is an anglicised form of Welsh Rhys.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!