Login Register

Discussion

“Hello one and all happy new year . My partner and I are movng to par in 15 days or so . But my question is how welcoming is the local people ..”

By Malc4 Posted: January 01, 2013

23 comments

23 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • AnGof2012  |  January 01 2013, 6:37PM

There is a vibrant LGBT community in Kernow Malc4 understanding that you are gay from a posting elsewhere. Many are proud to wear our National Flag of St. Piran during the annual Pride Procession in Truro and well known gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell who regularly comes to our Duchy from over in England loves Cornwall and the Cornish people for the reason of our openess and acceptance of gay people in our Country and is on record for saying as much and for calling for Cornish autonomy. Dynargh a'gas Kernow! You are welcome to Kernow.

• CallingtonFox  |  January 02 2013, 1:51PM

Welcome to Cornwall, a wonderful part of England to live in.

• AnGof2012  |  January 02 2013, 2:17PM

Yes indeed, Cornwall, a wonderful place to live in next to England just like Wales.

• CallingtonFox  |  January 02 2013, 2:55PM

Cornwall, your Cornwall, my Cornwall, Cornwall a county of England.

• AnGof2012  |  January 02 2013, 3:01PM

Cornwall, your Cornwall, my Cornwall, next to England a bit like Wales really.

• barrtribe  |  January 04 2013, 10:14AM

Welcome to cornwall, hope your move goes well. Maybe we will bump into each other one day. My family and I spend a little time in and around par. Ill be the one wearing the rose ;)

• Malc4  |  January 04 2013, 11:17AM

Barrtribe. To be sure to pop in for coffee and chat ..

• barrtribe  |  January 04 2013, 1:39PM

That would be nice

• Malc4  |  January 06 2013, 10:07PM

Yes tea or coffee . Humble pie or chocolate digestive

• CallingtonFox  |  January 07 2013, 3:49PM

I hope the move goes without hitches, Malc4 :)

• Malc4  |  January 07 2013, 6:22PM

Thank you calling fox Btw humble pie is our family pie . It's has apples and blackberrys and figs .. So is not a dig .

• CallingtonFox  |  January 07 2013, 6:48PM

I like the sound of it. My mother used to make something she called 'Frugal pie' which was basically battered luncheon meat, I wasn't over keen.

• Malc4  |  January 07 2013, 8:16PM

Battered luncheon hmm I'm not to sure that even I like the sound of that. So callington were are you from

• Malc4  |  January 07 2013, 10:17PM

I'm being nice

• Malc4  |  January 07 2013, 10:36PM

Callington. You sound awsome to me

• CallingtonFox  |  January 07 2013, 10:37PM

"I'm being nice", yes you are, most on here are :)

• Malc4  |  January 07 2013, 10:58PM

I ment nice and friendly I'm not ****y till some one gets my back . Callington are you par st Austell or near abouts

• CallingtonFox  |  January 07 2013, 11:14PM

by Malc4 Monday, January 07 2013, 10:58PM "I ment nice and friendly I'm not ****y till some one gets my back . Callington are you par st Austell or near abouts" I genuinely try to be nice and friendly too but am not afraid to stand up and be counted. I am about 23 miles from St.Austell, 22 or 23, off the top of my head.

• Malc4  |  January 07 2013, 11:20PM

Awsome. When we move come in for a cup of some thing and chatter ..

• CallingtonFox  |  January 07 2013, 11:32PM

You never know!

• cliffwalker2  |  January 10 2013, 9:57PM

These are interesting posts. I hadn't realised that so many Cornish nationalists were gay but come to think of it Alec Salmond of the SNP is a bit suspect and I bet you Daffyyd, the only gay in the village, is a closet nationalist, so it's all starting to make sense. I went on holiday to Par in 1956, stayed in a caravan and had a wonderful time.

• PaddyTrembath  |  January 10 2013, 11:46PM

cliffwalker2, they aren't, they just don't have a problem with those that are. From the way you word your post, it seems that you do.

• JJLee  |  January 11 2013, 9:23AM

SW I guess you would need to expand on how you are using the word Gay. 1. homosexual. 2. of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization. 3. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe. Antonyms: serious, grave, solemn, joyless; staid, sedate; unhappy, morose, grim; sad, depressed, melancholy. 4. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments. Synonyms: colorful, brilliant, vivid, intense, lustrous; glittering, theatrical, flamboyant. Antonyms: dull, drab, somber, lackluster; conservative. 5. Slang: Often Disparaging and Offensive. awkward, stupid, or bad; lame: This game is really gay. Not 3 and 4 IMHO on reason evidence perhaps 5

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!