“Free Cornwall!

http://tinyurl.com/7z6n8jd

By Slimslad Posted: June 27, 2012

39 comments

39 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 9:08AM

MK policies would actually disadvantage the people they claim to be helping. Complete clowns.

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 9:19AM

MK want a ' grown up conversation'' LOL Then present themselves with mock symbols of tradition ; an invented tartan, an invented flag, a language nobody knows the correct pronunciation of except by reference to texts and even then they disagree on which version is genuine all fused by very dodgy re-invented history. No wonder 'grown ups' reject these clowns at every democratic opportunity.

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 9:30AM

Loveday Jenkins of MK offers the parties economic policy....'' Make-do, mend, recycle and reuse'' Thats it???

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 9:56AM

H-Trevorrow, if you are Cornish, which I doubt, you would be an example of why they call the Cornish thick. MK has nothing to do with any of the things you listed. Also you obviously have no idea what is or what is not MK policy. You are just another of those sad pathetic Trolls bashing out the same rubbish and lies. I feel sorry for the likes of you YC, Taxman etc. You definately could never be called real Men, thats for sure.

• Carvath  |  June 27 2012, 10:14AM

You sound a very worried man H_T, or whatever your name is today. 3 posts in a row! A total misrepresentation of Cornish culture and heritage items as usual. A significant article in a UK national newspaper for MK is progress indeed; hard for trolls to stomach. Do you have a clue what MK's policies actually are or is your talk just bluster?

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 10:19AM

angoff MK offer childish aspirations that would only convince a sun reader.

• everywhere  |  June 27 2012, 10:19AM

hey Trevorrow,you goon...all tartans and flags are invented!!!..and yes,the cornish tartan is scottish made also.but if cornish folk want to wear it,so be it..whats your problem with that?...and as for the st piran flag you will find it all over Cornwall...do i need to say more!!!..and as for the cornish language...debate on certain aspects are a healhy sign...the language is on its feet again and walking!!and someday it will be running!!!...eventually Cornish youngsters will be taught their history and cullture in schools..what old tired garbage you spout. so i take it you must be an old man..so move over old bean... Cornwall is on the march!!!....

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 10:44AM
  • AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 10:52AM

I offer you a challenge H-T. List some of these 'childish' Policies you say MK have. Let's see if you know anything at all. And it's AnGof not AnGoff.

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 11:01AM

Totally pathetic posting H-T. Now quote some real MK Poilicies that you say are Childish and damaging to Cornwall, if you know any.

• youngcornwall  |  June 27 2012, 12:51PM

by AnGof1955 "an example of why they call the Cornish thick." I would say some Cornish are playing right into the hands that they wish to be freed from, at a drop of a hat they take to the streets to entertain and on here they are more than willing to promote any myth or legend that is going, all of this results in ending up with what you have sown.

• poldice  |  June 27 2012, 1:06PM

I would imagine you are a real expert on clowns then Trevorrow working on the assumption that it takes one to recognise one he he he.

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 1:27PM

The trouble is YC, is who's Myth's? For some strange and unkown reason, People like yourself believe a History that has been propogated by an Imperialist Agenda. You refuse to see that any History, no matter who's has a certain slant to it. The modern additions to the Cornish Culture do not detract but add to Cornish Identity. You and the others here attack our version of History, yet the one you follow so gullibly has possibly more to be attacked than ours. Yet there are many things that cannot be denied, even though you and the likes of H-T and Taxman etc; do. A saying I try to live by is: it's not about doing things right, but about doing the right thing's. Maybe something you and the others need to take on board. All cultures in all Societies are to a point made up, created from a common belief, so in theory all can be attacked in some way. The point that the majority of People think like you do, does NOT make that right or the truth. Words like common misconceptions and Urban Myth's come much into play when you lot post.

• everywhere  |  June 27 2012, 2:22PM

ah,the trevorrow youngcornwall partnership,,you two married to each other then??...both of you perhaps living in the same home for retired clowns...now boys settle down and stop being silly for awhile...all this excitement is not good for you...

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 3:49PM

H-T makes a lot of noise, which proves the old saying about empty vessels. I have set a challenge for him to post proof of what he says, let's see if he can post anything at all in support of his mad ramblings. He won't of course, because People like him never can. He will move on to another thread and post his sick, perverse ideas, untill he is challenged again. One sad waste of a Human Being.

• youngcornwall  |  June 27 2012, 4:01PM

by AnGof1955 "The trouble is YC, is who's Myth's? For some strange and unkown reason, People like yourself believe a History that has been propogated by an Imperialist Agenda." My kind of history is practical history, things that we aught to learn from to better our here and now, so we do not keep making the same mistakes. Those Cornish that believe in trying to reinvent the wheel and Cornwall's future is buried in Cornwall's distant past are on a no go, living memory is far enough to go back in my opinion. This Cornish culture thing is just clouding and hindering any progress that Cornwall needs and deserves. I have been there and had the T-shirt, only real difference that I can see is that the young couples coming on today want to buy their own properties, good for them and why not, not so in my day, we were thankful to get a job and pay rent, but nothing else has changed, MK are still bobbing along on the bottom after 60 years, that alone should tell you something.

• Slimslad  |  June 27 2012, 4:17PM

"People like yourself believe a History,(sic) that has been propogated,(sic) by an Imperialist Agenda" Which is different from those people who "believe a history" propagated by an amateur historian and a fairly biased historian.

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 4:19PM

Angoof said ''The point that the majority of People think like you do, does NOT make that right or the truth.'' Surely by now with modern media the interweb etc there can be no excuse for anyone in Cornwall not having a knowledge of the ''cornish conundrum'' Yet still the majority, overwhelmingly, do not vote for angoof politicians. WHY??? Possibly , just maybe, they have listened to the angoof fools charter and rejected it. Alternatively they are too thick to be educated- - is that your assertion angoof.

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 4:25PM

YC, the only thing it tells me is that People are more concerned with Day to Day living, but aren't we all. You cannot limit how far you go back to learn about mistakes YC, you need to see all of History to have a clear view. Nobody is trying to reinvent anything, that statement shows a complete lack of understanding in my opinion, and also I see it as a Childish thing to say. You just cannot reinvent anything, once it's there it's there. Cornish Culture is who we are, the Language is who we are, it does not cloud anything. It's the same as saying English or French Culture clouds things, total rubbish. The truth is there YC, and it is those who want to hang on to Englands Apron straps that are actually holding us back, yet again my opinion. I actually believe that having our own Assembly within a Federate Britain would be good for Cornwall, We would have the Power to attract Buisness, to make decissions locally instead of from afar with little to no understanding of local problems. In my opinion, being dictated to from Westminster is bad for Cornwall. MK does not believe in Independence as many here like to state, comlete lie's as usual. If you look at how things are in Britain, you can see what a shambles it is, everyone moans but none seem to have the intellect to see there is an alternative.

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 4:40PM

MK party line is they don't believe in independence however at least one of thier county councillors lost the plot on local tv and declared it WAS a legit aspiration.... they fool only the gullible ...you only have to read the windy meaningless sermons by angoof and his fellow dreamers to see this.

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 4:48PM

H-T, you are very dumb aren't you? Where is this proof I asked for? Any Country has a legitimate right to Independance, so it is a legitimate aspiration. The thing is that will only be Party Policy 'when' and 'if' the time is right and the People want it. Talking of the gullible, you still have not posted any of the things I have asked you for. Are you going to???

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 5:11PM

lacking oil/carbon fuel resource angoofs only hope for independnce lie in aping countries /areas with banking /financial centered economies {Jersey, Switzerland, Luxembourg , Monaco etc} Given that every Banana republic in chrisendom is already trying this I would'nt hold my breath waiting for The bank of Kernow lifting us to the promised land anytime soon or ever in fact. Even in this heady nirvana of tax haven /off shore wizzkids it would create a haven for rich incomers forcing house prices further up and even with a heavy emphasis on training locally the expertise to run finance institutions would be imported leaving menial jobs for locals. More economic smoke and mirrors from the ''gullible guide to hoodwinking your county'' .

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 5:18PM

H-Tremoron, that is not MK Policy. You made a statement that MK policy was damaging for Cornwall, now post the proof. Post the Policies that are damaging. Stop posting your pathetic ideas on what MK stand for and post facts.

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 5:25PM

Angoof central to mk thinking is to stop building houses for incomers. Simple supply and demand would therefore result in higher house prices which further defeats locally waged people wanting to buy a home. To balance this equation you would need to stop inward migration or increase local wages....none of which is remotley possible. It is pure emotive political window dressing with absolutely no substance.

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 5:50PM

Mebyon Kernow believes that local families have a fundamental right to good quality and affordable housing in their own communities. We oppose the unsustainable plans of the various London-based parties to build 50,000-70,000 houses in Cornwall over the next twenty years. This has nothing to do with meeting local needs. We are working hard to deliver new housing policies that focus on the needs of local people – not speculative house-builders. An out-of-control housing market means house prices in Cornwall have rocketed, leaving a clear mismatch between local wages and house prices. Private rented properties have become extremely expensive and getting a "council house" is but a distant dream for the many thousands in housing need. Our belief is that radical action is needed to tackle this crisis. We would - •Set up a Department within the Assembly Government to devise the strategy for housing provision in Cornwall. •Only allow housing developments which can demonstrate local need through an "assessment of community need and acceptability." •Increase the number of affordable homes, through planning and increased financial support for Community Land Trusts and the construction of council houses. •Introduce planning restrictions to stop and then reverse the spread of second "homes." This is the actual Policy H-Tremoron. The real fact is that there is already enough Housing available for Local needs, except in the Rental area. What you seem to advocate is an open Building Policy that will lead to Cornwall no longer being an attractive area to live, because it will be all Houses. Only a fool would follow that path, and it seems that you cannot see that speculative House building will result in disaster for Mankind. The truth is that a lot of what has recently been built cannot be sold, as People cannot get the finance to do so. An increase in local wages is possible with the right Political will, all to do with Education and a flexable Workforce. You seem to have a Right wing attitude, as I expected, I could tell by your stupid remarks. You also seem unaware that this latest recession was caused by speculative House Building in the States, and that silly idea that growth is the cure to all. Now thats true fairyland stuff.

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 6:20PM

Angoof said ''Only allow housing developments which can demonstrate local need through an "assessment of community need and acceptability." '' House prices in the private sector would rocket under this policy . Angoof also said ''Increase the number of affordable homes, through planning and increased financial support for Community Land Trusts and the construction of council houses.'' We cannot afford this now - why under a cornish assembly will this become suddenly affordable - it is uncosted pie in the sky empty promises. Building policy and conservation restrictions already insure the integrity of Cornwalls country side. Your emotive suggestions of the county being overdeveloped are unfounded. Supply and demand of the free market will ensure any oversupply will slow growth just as it has in usa and uk. Angoof these are not serious policies that will change anything even if they saw the light of day...they only fool gullible sun readers

• poldice  |  June 27 2012, 7:56PM

House prices rocket? much the same as they have done under your system then Trevorrow.

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 8:11PM

H-Tremoron, you seem very sure that the Policies you support are any better. What Humans, especially ones who think like you, have to realise is that the days of uncontrolled Housing Development and the Free Market have had their Day. They are no longer viable in a modern age. The type of Housing needed today is not the mass building of little shoe boxes that proport to meet Housing needs. It is a Planned control of the type of Housing needed by Society, in balance with Nature which our ecosystem, our very survival as a Species, relies upon. This Year has seen every major Political Party question the movement of Peoples around the Globe. We are entering a new era where Population Growth and the need to feed the People, will bring in restriction of Human movement. You are one of those gullible Sun Reader types, except with you it's the Mail I expect. It is no longer Morally right to allow things like second Homes or the resettlement of one Culture to swamp another. Stop living in the past Tremoron, Oh! isn't that what you accuse us of?

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 8:27PM

HOUSING NEED is a common problem in the whole south of England. Cornwall is little different. Land as a resource is coming under far greater pressure than just food production as bio fuel comes into play. Add to this the inevitable squeezing into the margin of europe by Asian economic dominance and anyone with an ounce of sense might put cornish nationalism at a very low priority.

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 9:40PM

Yet again completely wrong Tremoron, it makes it even more important.

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 27 2012, 9:59PM

You have no clue, ANGOF, of the vulnerability of the struggle the western world is in, The Chinese and Indians will have little use for economically illiterate sub cultures as they take thier rightful place as world leaders - we will be a stop on the exotic holiday map of manchurian hordes if we are lucky Sorry to break the bad news old son .

• AnGof1955  |  June 27 2012, 10:20PM

Tremoron, firstly I am not your old son. Secondly it is inevitable, History shows this in every detail. England was the Great superpower, it is USA at the moment but that won't last. It is more than likely going to be China next. Who really cares? And does it matter? you cannot change the inevitable. Also that won't last forever, like the USSR eventually China will fall from internal pressures the same as every Superpower throughout History. The real danger is that we mess this Planet up so much we kill off Mankind, and that is a real issue. As far as the Planet goes, it will be a good thing giving it time to heal itself. Life in some form will go on. The only thing we can do is fight to prolong our existance. Like I said it's not about doing things right, it's about doing the right thing.

• Slimslad  |  June 29 2012, 5:23PM

"Like I said it's not about doing things right, it's about doing the right thing."? Like YOU said? LOL

• Carvath  |  June 30 2012, 10:01PM

I see the original article has been modified somewhat and is slightly more reflective of the situation. One thing that stands out on re-reading the article is that the "journalist" has grave difficulty in understanding and tolerating anything different to what he sees as the norm. A bit like a number of contributers here.

• H_Trevorrow  |  June 30 2012, 11:34PM

and one commenter added this...which i liked ''In teh last general election Mebyon Kernow, the "party for Cotrnwall got 1.9% of the votes. 98 percent of voters in Cornwall rejected MK; that's a colossal failure which exposes it as a minor, very minor, party. In 2010 it has polled noticeably fewer votes and a smaller percentage than in the 2009 European parliamentary and unitary council elections. In the Camborne North by-election 709 votes were cast, of which MK got 32, or 4.5% of voters, narrowly pushing the Greens into last place, by one vote. The Cornish Democrats, who are are basically a "one man and a website" set up, have no party machine, no access to funds, no publicity, yet guess what? In the 2010 general election they still managed to beat MK in the one seat they stood in!! CORNWALL DOES NOT WANT WHAT MEBYON KERNOW HAS TO OFFER.''

• poldice  |  June 30 2012, 11:51PM

I would imagine that the majority wouldnt want you tosh either trevorrow so you are in very good company.

• Carvath  |  June 30 2012, 11:56PM

MK has 5 Cornwall Councillors, up from 3 at the last unitary elections. Dick Cole obtained about 70% of the vote in his constituency, the largest majority proportion of a seat vote in Cornwall. MK also has an increasing number of town and parish councillors.

• H_Trevorrow  |  July 01 2012, 1:14AM

all very laudable gentlemen here's some pretty prose ;- ''But the Cornish independence party – Mebyon Kernow – aren't making any political capital from the disillusionment. And, although MK does well in the local elections (76% for Cole), it's still to elect its first MP. It's message (MK say that Cornwall needs devolution not local government reform) just doesn't seem to be getting through. And its leader, Dick Cole, is only part time. So 'Cornishness', and a growing sense of Cornwall's Celtic history, still seems to amount to little more than so much flag-waving.'' unquote i'm educating you for free when i add this snippet {sleep on it boys- may even help you} ''It's not just the terrorists that MK take issue with. It's the nationalists, like Mike Chappell, who take refuge in the small print of constitutional history. "They say we don't need to do anything because we're already independent" says Cole. "They take refuge in medieval legalistic rights – the fact that no-one has acted on them since 1508 seems to be irrelevant to them. But it's nice. They don't have to knock on doors or write press releases because they're already independent. All it takes is the government to recognise our rights, and we're there." unquote I could also dig up the bbc radio cornwall interview where Mr. Cole refutes an academics assertion that Cornwall gets short changed by westminster in terms of tax take...but lets save that for later.

• Chy_Howlek  |  July 01 2012, 10:41AM

Trevorrow has admitted that he is English. His spelling and grammar shows him to be a bit on the educationally deprived side. He used to post on here as Antbod. Just use him to have a bit of fun because he really is impotent. He has plenty of time on his hands in his little bedsit. He wouldn't know how to write a letter to a politician. Meanwhile, just a little reminder Trevorrow/Antbod. Comply with forum rules because every posting you make is watched, recorded and where necessary, reported and removed.

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!