Login Register

Discussion

“Cornwall empty properties in 150% tax proposals.

http://tinyurl.com/ctptbjx

By Slimslad Posted: November 21, 2012

21 comments

21 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Truro_Kernow  |  November 21 2012, 1:36PM

Good! Kernow bys vyken!

• PaddyTrembath  |  November 21 2012, 3:39PM

Not enough.

• youngcornwall  |  November 21 2012, 4:24PM

It may give a few of those who are envious of second home owners a little sucker, but on the whole "if you have to ask the price you cannot afford it."

• Truro_Kernow  |  November 21 2012, 7:11PM

'young' cornwall - would that be 'sucker' or 'succour'? There is a considerable difference! Kernow bys vyken!

• PaddyTrembath  |  November 21 2012, 11:51PM

Are these little suckers free? Where can I get one, or two?

• JJLee  |  November 22 2012, 8:05AM

"if you have to ask the price you cannot afford it." There are many reasons for homes being empty, Illness and age are two that come to mind. We all know the plebs care about this topic based on hatred of the successful from their own council house squalor and they would never attempt to think about who the victims would be, because nobody has educated them enough to see beyond the loathing, this is never going to solve the problem they "think" (if such a thing is possible) it will, but I may as well bang my head against the wall trying to open their eyes.

• poldice  |  November 22 2012, 9:28AM

Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black... perhaps it is worried about the 150% it may have to pay. It also seems unduly focussed on the denigration of occupiers of social housing, this is a very negative trait which could be construed by any reasonable person as bigotry. All in all a very unpleasant probably empty vessel!!!

• youngcornwall  |  November 22 2012, 9:45AM

"Are these little suckers free?" Yes unfortunately, "sucker" "for those who are envious", like little piglet suckers, suckling on the nipples of a dead mother sow, to no avail.

• JJLee  |  November 22 2012, 10:16AM

"Methinks" going on what followed I doubt it, at least your happy

• Slimslad  |  November 22 2012, 7:55PM

"We all know the plebs care about this topic based on hatred of the successful from their own council house squalor" Really? Have you primary sources for what "we all know"?

• JJLee  |  November 23 2012, 7:56AM

It's not a court of law Slimslad, people are supposed to post personal comments, I recall two letters the council received from a Slimslad Jnr I wish to complain that my father hurt his ankle very badly when he put his foot in the hole in his back passage. Real council complaint and "I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off." Also a Real council complaint

• Tstrunk  |  November 23 2012, 9:05AM

I doubt very much under the rules the Council could change 150%. Why? Coucil tax is based on paying for services and you could more than likely win a case against the Council based on this argument. It is over and above the service cost of the user and a Council tax is not a fine, which this seems to be. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this one.

• Truro_Kernow  |  November 23 2012, 11:08AM

The Government of Cornwall sitting at Lys Kernow has now brought this into force thankfully. Now let's hope they introduce a tourist levy as well which so many of us have been campaigning for down this past few years. This is Money report here: http://tinyurl.com/bhk8aj8 Kernow bys vyken!

• Tstrunk  |  November 23 2012, 11:20AM

"The council's cabinet approved the changes today, which could see them come into force on April 1 provided they are ratified by scrutiny committees and a meeting of the full council."

• Tstrunk  |  November 24 2012, 11:54AM

What is needed in Cornwall is some clever thinking about the real problem not some silly idea that will pull in 50% extra and more than likely will not happen and if it does will be so easy to avoid paying in the first place. How much do we tax payers fund Cornwall in housing benefit each year, millions of pounds. Which the people that need will go on receiving year after year. There must be someway of tapping into that money paid in housing benefit to build more houses for the very people that recieve the benefit. Just an idea!

• Slimslad  |  November 24 2012, 10:25PM

"The Government of Cornwall sitting at Lys Kernow" "The Mouse That Roared". LOL http://tinyurl.com/c466s5x

• Truro_Kernow  |  November 25 2012, 12:04AM

Yeah well idiots like you aren't here taking in their neighbours tonight because they are flooded out are you my 'ansome? Clear off with all your stupid remarks! If you want sarcasm pard, give me a time and place and you drive down and I will meet you for a real man to man. Until that time, get lost!

• Slimslad  |  November 25 2012, 9:01PM

Oh dear.

• Slimslad  |  November 26 2012, 7:03PM

You are a hero. Taking in your neighbours... Then telling the World your are taking in your neighbours. Yuk.

• Truro_Kernow  |  November 26 2012, 9:05PM

Extremely bad grammar and spelling there fishy. Of course, such human kindness must be a mystery if not a complete anathema to certain of you English up there. Yuk - is that the smell of rotten fishy on your little dishy or a wet anorak from too much boat watching? Kernow bys vyken!

• Slimslad  |  November 27 2012, 1:34PM

Extremely bad grammar and spelling there fishy. LOL

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!