Login Register
 °

Discussion

“As Cornwall is a Celtic Nation, it is a participant in the annual Pan Celtic Song Contest held in Ireland where it competes against Ireland, Brittany, Scotland, Wales and the Isle of Man.

Previously Cornwall scored a hat trick in winning the Pan Celtic International Song Contest in Ireland in the years 2003/4/5, which is also unique in the history of the contest, as it is the only Celtic Nation ever to win three times in a row.

More details on official Cornwall Council website here http://tinyurl.com/njzrfkz

By IainS Posted: January 19, 2014

28 comments

28 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • hereandthere  |  January 19 2014, 8:55PM

"As Cornwall is a Celtic Nation..." Only in your and others, imagination.

• IainS  |  January 19 2014, 9:13PM

Ah, the little pig ignorant English Nat. Well, little Englander read from the official website and weep " The Kan Rag Kernow competition is run by MAGA in association with the Cornish Committee of the Pan Celtic Festival who are responsible for all arrangements for the international event. Cornwall's entries have won this contest in the last 2 years, the first time ever that the same singer, has won the competition in consecutive years. Previously Cornwall scored a hat trick in winning the Pan Celtic International Song Contest in Ireland in the years 2003/4/5, which is also unique in the history of the contest, as it is the only Celtic nation ever to win three times in a row."

• IainS  |  January 19 2014, 9:15PM

Perhaps you should write to Cornwall Council's MAGA and it's overall 'boss' Councillor Julian German, eh, Little Englander? Or do you just confine you rather pathetic efforts to this little kitchen forum?

• AnBalores  |  January 19 2014, 9:49PM

I have just read that piece. Without doubt, the Council refer to Cornwall as a Celtic nation. I think an apology is due from hereandthere. Unless of course he figures there is some conspiracy and the whole of the Cornwall Council are imagining things.

• hereandthere  |  January 20 2014, 12:30AM

Never mind, in the real world, life goes on.

• hereandthere  |  January 20 2014, 12:49AM

"Without doubt, the Council refer to Cornwall as a Celtic nation." Do they, where?

• AnBalores  |  January 20 2014, 10:42AM

hereandthere 1. click on the link 2. read the article 3. read who sponsors the site 4. take off your blinkers!

• hereandthere  |  January 20 2014, 5:22PM

""Without doubt, the Council refer to Cornwall as a Celtic nation." Do they, where?"

• hereandthere  |  January 20 2014, 5:27PM

"This week Natural England and MAGA, the Cornish Language Partnership, signed a Statement of Intent which will see Natural England incorporating more Cornish language into their work." I did notice this, so you must be pleased that Natural England are playing a part in all this. Nice to know that they and MAGA recognise that Cornwall is a part of England, isn't it?

• hereandthere  |  January 20 2014, 5:28PM

Anyway, once again, where do the Council refer to Cornwall as a 'Celtic nation'?

• AnBalores  |  January 20 2014, 8:33PM

heeandthere 1. open your mind 2. remove your rather tainted blinkers 3. go to this website where indicated http://tinyurl.com/njzrfkz 4. understand that this website is run by Cornwall Council 5. read as follows: "Previously Cornwall scored a hat trick in winning the Pan Celtic International Song Contest in Ireland in the years 2003/4/5, which is also unique in the history of the contest, as it is the only Celtic nation ever to win three times in a row." Note other names referred to on website 6. struggle to understand 7. return with denying sarcastic comment as usual 8. replace blinkers 9. continue being obtuse Simples

• hereandthere  |  January 20 2014, 9:31PM

Nope, it is not run by Cornwall Council.

• hereandthere  |  January 20 2014, 9:39PM

What do you think about Natural England's involvement in this organisation? http://tinyurl.com/q9bmysb This is from their 'About Us' page: "Natural England is an Executive Non-departmental Public Body responsible to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Our purpose is to protect and improve England's natural environment and encourage people to enjoy and get involved in their surroundings. A healthy natural environment Our broad remit means that our reach extends across the country. We work with people such as farmers, town and country planners, researchers and scientists, and the general public on a range of schemes and initiatives." Notice how their remit is about 'the country', which country? England of course, of which Cornwall is being accepted as a part by MAGA and Natural England. Now I await the usual nationalist twisting to try and show otherwise.

• AnBalores  |  January 21 2014, 10:00AM

Yes it is run by Cornwall Council. MAGA is the Cornish Language Partnership with Council personnel running it from Dalvenie House, Cornwall Council, Treyew Road, Truro. Not that bright are you, hereandthere?

• AnBalores  |  January 21 2014, 10:17AM

Why not email them and ask hereandthere. I have a friend who works up there. I will tell them to expect your mail cornishlanguage@cornwall.gov.uk PS. note the email address. Mmmm, really not that bright, are you? Or did you forget to remove the blinkers and drop your attitude, eh?

• AnBalores  |  January 21 2014, 10:18AM

Maybe after that, if I have the time, I will address your NE point. But there, I am not a Nationalist and I don't always oblige your rather pathetic little requests on the kitchen advertising forum!

• IainS  |  January 21 2014, 11:09AM

I am surprised that he hasn't checked the contact page. It's all on there but as you say, he is so bigoted he can't use his brain too much. Good man for UKIP perhaps?

• hereandthere  |  January 21 2014, 7:05PM

Thanks for the laugh, Anbalores, you are showing how little you know about local government, among other things. It is NOT run by Cornwall Council, they are a part of it. Now, show us where on the Cornwall Council website, or via an official Cornwall Council report, that Cornwall Council states that Cornwall is a Celtic nation. I note your refusal to address the Natural England issue. You continue to live in your world of make believe and deliver your, typical nationalist, outbursts against me because you have nothing else to offer.

• AnBalores  |  January 21 2014, 10:15PM

You need to get your facts straight hereandthere. Who is in charge of MAGA and who pays her salary? Where is MAGA's office situated? I can easily answer these things but I will leave you find out. You really are a bigot aren't you?

• hereandthere  |  January 24 2014, 7:52PM

You need to understand the difference between a partnership and an organisation funded and ran by several bodies. Still no response to the Natural England question then? You are the bigot here. It is you who only see what you want to see, not me.

• hereandthere  |  January 24 2014, 7:59PM

A partnership project, funded and ran by several bodies, is not, I repeat, is not, governed by a single body, but several. Cornwall Council do not run MAGA. Maybe you should ask all the other bodies involved and see how they feel about you relegating their roles.

• AnBalores  |  January 25 2014, 12:30AM

Get your facts straight Little Englander: The Partnership includes language organisations, local authorities and a number of other organisations who have come together with the aim of promoting Cornish and developing it further in Cornish life. The programme of work it is undertaking is funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government and by Cornwall Council. All of whom state: "Previously Cornwall scored a hat trick in winning the Pan Celtic International Song Contest in Ireland in the years 2003/4/5, which is also unique in the history of the contest, as it is the only Celtic nation ever to win three times in a row." Checking the Pan Celtic website, the event held in Derry in the north of Ireland doesn't mention your 'England'. It does mention the Celtic Nations of Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Ireland, Cornwall and Brittany. Slowly painting yourself into a corner bigot?

• AnBalores  |  January 25 2014, 12:32AM

Hoping you will waste yet more time looking this up, I will let you find the Pan Celtic website. Enjoy because when I bother to post here, nothing you write as the English imperialist and fascist that you are will ever convince me any different. Enjoy your kitchens.

• AnBalores  |  January 25 2014, 12:33AM

I repeat, Hoping you will waste yet more time looking this up, I will let you find the Pan Celtic website. Enjoy because when I bother to post here, nothing you write as the English imperialist and fascist that you are will ever convince me any different. Enjoy your kitchens.

• hereandthere  |  January 25 2014, 1:05PM

You just carry on seeing what you want to see, AnBalores, instead of what actually exists, little nationalist. It is funny how you abuse me, yet it is you who want separatism, it is you who spew bile against the English/British. It is you, who wish for splits across Europe (at least), it you who are on the side of division. I used to think the Greens were pro unity of peoples. But now we know they preach the opposite. Yet you attack me for being pro unity, I feel sorry for you. On top of all this, it is you who are backing a cause for which, being aware of all its divisiveness both current and possible, there is no PROOF of its existence. Take a look at yourself.

• AnBalores  |  January 25 2014, 2:38PM

The Scottish Green Party supports Scottish Independence. - See more at: http://tinyurl.com/oycfj94 The Green political voice for Cornwall,not imposing Westminster on Cornwall http://tinyurl.com/puese8t The Welsh Greens http://tinyurl.com/pdpat6x Enjoy your kitchens, I repeat, enjoy your kitchens!

• hereandthere  |  January 25 2014, 9:11PM

The Greens, vote for us, vote for division. How nice, I repeat, how nice.

• AnBalores  |  January 26 2014, 1:19PM

The Scottish Green Party supports Scottish Independence. - See more at: http://tinyurl.com/oycfj94 The Green political voice for Cornwall,not imposing Westminster on Cornwall http://tinyurl.com/puese8t The Welsh Greens http://tinyurl.com/pdpat6x The Green, bringing democracy closer to the people. Not like the London centric Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrats. And not fiddling their expenses, repeat not fiddling their expenses.

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!