“The Cornish Pasty Festival
6th - 7th - 8th September 2013
[FULL DETAILS AT: http://tinyurl.com/nvlz9dl]
The Mining & Pasty Festival is a three day event celebrating the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Redruth; through pasties, mining and music! The event is focussed around the town centre and is completely free to attend.
The Pasty Day on Saturday 7th September will this year be opened at 10am by TV chef and environmentalist James Strawbridge, and Marion Symonds (as seen on Britain's Best Bakery - ITV1) in a live recording for the Cornwall TV Channel. The event also sees performances by Tex-Mex band Los Pacaminos, featuring 80s pop sensation Paul Young. Local great-grandmother Eunice Woolcock, who sprung to fame with her larger-than-life personality, and exceptional crimping skills, on ITVs Food Glorious Food will be joined by Elaine Ead, as seen on BBC's The Fixer.
On the menu:
Friday 6th September – Miner’s Day
• Street Theatre from 3pm in Fore Street. A new play, written about the true story of the miner who sold his wife and emigrated, will be performed by drama students from Redruth School
• Public service by Rev Amanda Stevens in the afternoon
• An intriguing display of Cornish mining photographs and archives and art exhibition featuring mining landscapes by Yvonne Carter – all day. Plus experts from East Pool Mine with artefacts 3pm to 5pm. All at the Cornish Studies Library
• Art and craft exhibition and sale at the former Art and Graphics shop next to the Tinner’s Hounds – On all weekend
- Vivienne Orchard (paintings in Oils, acrylics and mixed media)
- Agnieszka Niesluchowska (indoor and outdoor ceramic forms)
- Jo Mcintosh (Artwork in mixed media and textiles)”
Something about your area!