Login Register
 °

Discussion

“Congratulations to Kate and william who have announced they are expecting their first child.”

By West Briton Posted: December 03, 2012

33 comments

33 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • cornishbabe70  |  December 03 2012, 8:54PM

Oh great,another royal parasite for the taxpayer to foot the bill!

• cornishbabe70  |  December 03 2012, 8:56PM

Oh great,another royal parasite for the taxpayers to foot the bill!

• Tstrunk  |  December 03 2012, 11:15PM

The royals are very popular here in Cornwall, fact.

• PaddyTrembath  |  December 03 2012, 11:35PM

DILLIGAF, fact.

• Tstrunk  |  December 03 2012, 11:51PM

Enough to post paddy, thank you so much! But they are very popular with the people of Cornwall as you'll also know so is the queen, however I guess you and the MK people will be complaining about this, but the people would rather support the royals than the likes of you. Fact!

• twain1  |  December 04 2012, 12:07AM

The only significance of this event is that another being will be indoctrinated into the world of animal abuse by the prince of hypocrites and William and Harry. The world would be so more enlightened without their kind.

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 04 2012, 1:08AM

So Kate Middleton is pregnant.I thought that it was government policy to discourage people who don't work from having kids? Big argument in the royal family at the moment. If it's a girl it will be called Diana. If its a boy though they don't know if to name it after prince William's dad, or prince Harry's dad. The Windsor Saxe Cobourg Gotha family - born survivors at your expense. Kernow bys vyken!

• Tstrunk  |  December 04 2012, 8:19AM

Reading the details in the press it is sad that the pair have to announce this pregnancy so early. I hope the child is healthy and Kate aswell.

• Big_Ger  |  December 04 2012, 8:43AM

Greta news! Another Duke of Cornwall in the making.

• cheekyman_jr  |  December 04 2012, 9:10AM

I'd personally like to offer everyone I don't know congratulations in whatever they're doing especially if it is totally unrelated to me. Well done people!

• Tstrunk  |  December 04 2012, 9:33AM

It really is world news so much pressure on this girl, I hope she is ok. All the best for us here in Cornwall. http://tinyurl.com/bb3dbyr

• PaddyTrembath  |  December 04 2012, 11:35AM

Tstrunk wrote:- "Enough to post paddy, thank you so much! But they are very popular with the people of Cornwall as you'll also know so is the queen, however I guess you and the MK people will be complaining about this, but the people would rather support the royals than the likes of you. Fact!" It was the ridiculous use of the word "Fact" that caused my response. Just because you place it at the end of a statement, does not make that statement true. And, just to clarify, the Royals are no more popular in Cornwall than Eastenders or Coronation Street, they are merely looked at for entertainment.............FACT

• Tstrunk  |  December 04 2012, 12:56PM

Such a shame you feel that way, remember the Cornish Flag on board Royal Row barge at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations and here in Cornwall we had big crowds as well, the people loved this more than you would like, I can't change this and neither can you. http://tinyurl.com/czdb9q4

• JJLee  |  December 04 2012, 1:04PM

Paddy your knowledge of what the Cornish people like has on a Daily basis been demonstrated wrong, I am not so much into this hype about this royal pair but I have the manners to say nothing. If others draw happiness from this spoilt pair then good luck to them. Stop being so hostile and attention seeking. All you seem to be doing is forever spoiling for a fight. No reply is required, show you can let it go.

• manicstreet  |  December 04 2012, 1:41PM

Another royal parasite!!

• manicstreet  |  December 04 2012, 1:49PM

Another royal freeloadsing parasite.

• PaddyTrembath  |  December 04 2012, 6:41PM

Tstrunk wrote:- "Such a shame you feel that way, remember the Cornish Flag on board Royal Row barge at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations and here in Cornwall we had big crowds as well, the people loved this more than you would like, I can't change this and neither can you." Exactly, entertainment. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- JJLee wrote:- "Paddy your knowledge of what the Cornish people like has on a Daily basis been demonstrated wrong....." No. JJLee wrote:- "I am not so much into this hype about this royal pair but I have the manners to say nothing. If others draw happiness from this spoilt pair then good luck to them. Stop being so hostile and attention seeking. All you seem to be doing is forever spoiling for a fight. No reply is required, show you can let it go" Hostile? Attention seeking? Pot and kettle spring to mind. If you bothered to actually read my previous posts, you would see that it is the the use of the word "fact" written at the end of a statement that I was objecting to. Such statements are invariably opinion, writing "fact" after them will not change that. As far as the impending storks visit is concerned, good luck to them but basically DILLIGAF, which I would like to say is the opinion that I have heard expressed by most of those I have encountered today, but in fact, I actually heard no mention of it other than on the radio, and "News"paper headlines, no-one I have met today has even been concerned enough to comment on it. FACT! (just to make Tstrunk feel at home)

• jimjams2011  |  December 04 2012, 7:17PM

The one positive thing is that once QE2's reign comes to an end we will abolish the monarchy, saving all that money wasted and also claim back the duchy from charles. Therefore we won't have to pay for this little one.

• JJLee  |  December 05 2012, 8:39AM

News to the population that jimjams, but thanks. When you say claim back the Duchy, which Duchy are you referring?

• youngcornwall  |  December 05 2012, 8:59AM

Congratulations to the couple, no doubt they will be as proud as any newly wed couple expecting their first child. With the Duke of Cornwall becoming a grandfather for the first time it is understandable why the Cornish are so excited over the whole thing.

• Green Ginger Studios  |  December 05 2012, 9:23AM

So the hat stand can incubate too?.....coo...well worth the money! Do you get them at John Lewis?

• twain1  |  December 05 2012, 7:22PM

..''the Cornish are so excited over the whole thing'' Here's another funny spoof: http://tinyurl.com/btltufm

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 05 2012, 7:56PM

I love the Australians and that stunt was hilarious twain1. Thanks for posting it. Remember when the Aussies depicted Lizzy's hair crawling with vermin? Hilarious. They have the right attitude to the Windsors. Kernow bys vyken!

• Tstrunk  |  December 05 2012, 10:02PM

Like I said, "It really is world news" Well done to all the whole world is watching and it make sense this baby boy or girl could be the ruler of Kernow one day, lol

• twain1  |  December 05 2012, 10:50PM

That was my pleasure Truro_Kernow. The Australians don't need to send up the ''Royals'', they do that adequately on their own. Philip, Charles, and sadly, William and Harry Hewitt are hypocrites, philanderers, supremacists and animal abusers. Dinosaurs well past their sell by.

• poldice  |  December 06 2012, 12:12PM

I bet Harry will love this one!!! http://tinyurl.com/cnprem2

• Truro_Kernow  |  December 06 2012, 7:52PM

twain1 - I agree with you wholeheartedly! How on earth Phil can be President of the World Wildlife Fund and then be part of a family who commit wholesale slaughter beggars belief. How Charlie can spout on about the environment and then be the property developer that he is is utterly amazing! They party, dress up in Naxi uniforms, Phil wants half the world killed because they are a virus in his wicked eyes and they are so incredibly racist, it is unbelievable! And people are taken in by these state scroungers? poldice - hilarious pard! Kernow bys vyken!

• Tstrunk  |  December 06 2012, 8:30PM

One thing here Aussies can't do fake accents!

• Tstrunk  |  December 06 2012, 8:33PM

And all Commonwealth countries have agreed to ending discrimination against women in the succession to the British throne. "And all Commonwealth countries" that great news, power to the people.

• Tstrunk  |  December 06 2012, 8:35PM

More world news, http://tinyurl.com/bmquonl

• twain1  |  December 06 2012, 10:59PM

Truro_Kernow Their hypocrisy is boundless. I cannot figure out why the WWF have had Chas, and previously, Phil as presidents, what twisted irony! They've killed thousands of birds and animals, some endangered species. He doesn't need to return as a virus, he is one!

• Slimslad  |  December 09 2012, 5:22PM

"They party, dress up in Naxi uniforms", They may "dress up". But they never joined the Nazi Party. Unlike the "heroes" of the Celtic League.

• Slimslad  |  December 09 2012, 5:23PM

"I love the Australians and that stunt was hilarious twain1. Thanks for posting it. Remember when the Aussies depicted Lizzy's hair crawling with vermin? Hilarious. They have the right attitude to the Windsors. A comment that may come back to haunt.

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!