http://tinyurl.com/aojljsk

Where do flags come in to genuine hardship?”

By Slimslad Posted: November 11, 2012

8 comments

8 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • PaddyTrembath  |  November 11 2012, 5:03PM

Embittered old man with his own lost cause!

• Slimslad  |  November 11 2012, 6:00PM

Middle-class landowner with a hidden agenda.

• PaddyTrembath  |  November 11 2012, 6:16PM

You know me so well..................................not!

• Carvath  |  November 11 2012, 8:08PM

Slimslad aka cormorant aka emmett(sic), I find such a serious problem being denigrated by your obsession with something quite so remote as "flags", a completely different topic, totally beyond contempt. Stop being such a halfwit and troll!

• Slimslad  |  November 11 2012, 8:44PM

Stick o the thread, please. No myths, legends or personal insults. "Slimslad aka cormorant aka emmett(sic)" LOL

• JayPaulUK  |  November 12 2012, 12:46AM

Truthfully speaking it's a shame that the centre has lost it's full funding. Rev Firbank and the team voluntary or otherwise are doing a great job down there. People can be snobbish about it, wipe their hands off of it and look down on the people that the centre offers help to, and it's easy to when you have never been in that position. I've encountered the Rev Firbank previusly, rather nice chap and helped me out at a time where I was completely down and out..actually had to use the foodbank and was one step away from homeless. I'd lost my relationship and had been made redundant within a week of each other...neither that could have been forseen but I'd found myself in circumstances that I'd never have thought I would have found myself in. The centre provides a service that little other offers, welcomes where others would turn away and offers help and guidance at a much needed time. You can't help everyone.. but you can try.

• JJLee  |  November 12 2012, 11:56AM

Surely this is a service the council should be providing by law

• PaddyTrembath  |  November 12 2012, 1:29PM

JJLee wrote:- "Surely this is a service the council should be providing by law" Yes, but how much do you want your Council tax to rise by?

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!