Login Register

Discussion

“£360,000
One third of a million of british taxpayers money that is going towards the hobby of 300 people.
Should'nt people who want to promote the cornish language use thier own money?”

By H_Trevorrow Posted: February 22, 2013

6 comments

6 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • H_Trevorrow  |  February 22 2013, 5:58PM

OF COURSE once the ''300'' are asked to cough up you would find not many actually can speak the language and even fewer will dip into thier own pocket.

• TheTruronian  |  February 22 2013, 8:54PM

I think a little money should have been spent in assisting you in your spelling and grammar H_Trevorrow. It really is appalling. I agree with the resources, financial and otherwise afforded to Kernewek. It pales in comparison to that spent on many other pointless things, unlawful wars and so on. I have also been in touch with the Cornish Language Development Officer and been assured that due to the legal status of the language, all financial provisions are in place. I was also assured that far more that 300 speak the language and that it is being taught in our schools to enthusiatic pupils. A tip, instead of griping here why not email and ask yourselves? I have warned the CLP to expect a flurry of enquiries! (trying to constrain my laughter) Here is a guide to all the relevant contact details: http://tinyurl.com/azs9drz

• H_Trevorrow  |  February 23 2013, 1:17PM

''many other pointless things''...... bit unfair to cast dear old kernewek as pointless truronian. But that is the point ..there are far more important issues for cornwall to address.

• Slimslad  |  February 23 2013, 8:43PM

You say Potatoe.... I say potato.... Craig.

• everywhere  |  February 23 2013, 9:43PM

Hey Trevorrow,did you know the Cornish are mentioned in the bible?? Yes,they are! It says,the meek shall inherit the earth.

• CallingtonFox  |  February 23 2013, 10:51PM

What, meek, like this you mean? ".....i'm not a great one for debate with your type....unfortunately i cannot commit any of my views to this forum,,,it would have you and your goons screaming terrorists!!!..and dialing 999..But let me tell you this democracy has its limits...we all know the barriers that confronted angarrick,when trying to take on english state law..so let me say once more,,democracy has its limits!!!..." Recognise your anti-democratic rant, everywhere? What a nice well balanced person you are.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!