MARK Vercesi looks set to become the latest player to leave Falmouth Town this week with the skipper expected to join premier division newcomers Newquay.
New Town management duo Robbie Stephens and Les Gilbert have already lost Bradley Wills and Lewis Caspell, who have rejoined Penzance.
And the future of former Premiership player Wayne Quinn remains up in the air after Gilbert revealed he has not heard from the 35-year-old since taking over from Alan Carey as Falmouth's new joint manager last week.
Matt Laity has also left the club, but has yet to sign for another club, while Ryan Holland has moved to Weston super Mare with his partner,
Gilbert, though, is far from concerned about the situation, revealing he would much prefer a squad of locally based players hungry to prove themselves at Peninsula level.
He said: "It is a shame that they have decided to move on, but that's their choice, I'm certainly not going to stand in their way.
"I do find it really disappointing when things get tough players decide to bale out.
"I don't want players at this club with that sort of attitude. I want to give local players the opportunity to play at his level and play for Falmouth because they want to, and not for the money.
"There will be no big time Charlies, just players turning up to play for the biggest club in the county.
"I would take no pleasure in signing a player from Bideford, who's on £200. It's just a complete waste of money in my opinion.
"It is going to be difficult, I know that, the priority is to stay in the premier division this season, and then judge us after that."
Since the owners of Town's Bickland Park ground, Falmouth Town AFC Ltd, took over the running of the club earlier this year, new financial restrictions have been implemented.
But it's a situation Gilbert is comfortable with, especially having worked under similar conditions at Truro City and Newquay in the past.
He said: "We are working with a very tight budget, but I've been in this sort of situation before and it doesn't bother me.
"I'm not used to working with big budgets, the challenge for us is to find the best local players."
Gilbert has revealed that close to a dozen seven-day approaches have been made and he hopes to have some new faces in his squad in time for Saturday's visit of Cullompton Rangers in his first home game.
Falmouth were beaten 1-0 in Gilbert and Stephens' first game in charge at Tavistock on Saturday (match report page 106), as they drafted in five players from Probus, including Chris Davey, Dan Vincent and Josh Norris.
He said: "It was great to be back involved and to be honest I thought a draw would have been a fair result.
"I was really disappointed for the lads because their work ethic was amazing.
"We've got Cullompton at home next which I'm really looking forward to. It's great to be back involved in football."