Login Register

Teens' homemade fireworks stunt causes Penzance bedroom fire

By CMToby  |  Posted: December 14, 2012

Fire engine

Teens' homemade fireworks stunt causes Penzance bedroom fire

Comments (0)

Two teenage boys set fire to a bedroom in a Penzance house yesterday after the homemade fireworks they were making exploded.

The friends were both treated for minor burns at West Cornwall Hospital yesterday afternoon after firefighters successfully tackled the blaze on Daniel Place.

Two appliances from Penzance Fire Station attended the incident just after 3pm and used hose reels to put out the fire.

Crew manager Ian Neal warned against making fireworks at home.

A Devon & Cornwall Police spokesman said it is not carrying out a criminal investigation.  

Read more from West Briton

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • buzzzz  |  December 14 2012, 10:24AM

    Glad both lads are ok. Next time you do it, make sure you get the recipe right !!.

    Rate   4
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES