Login Register
 °

St Austell house fire - two hurt

By mwill  |  Posted: October 14, 2012

Comments (0)

Two people have been hurt in a house fire in Trevanion Road, St Austell, last night.

Emergency services were called at around 11pm on Saturday evening and two fire appliances attended, one from St Austell and another from Mevagissey. Fire fighters tackled the blaze on the first floor of the property and were able to evacuate all the occupants.

A total of 18 fire fighters were involved in the evacuation and extinguishing the fire, using two hose reels. The two casualties have been treated for burns.

Update: Sunday evening

Since first reports of the fire came through, Devon & Cornwall Police have announced that that are investigating the circumstances of the fire. According to the police "One line of enquiry that is being followed up is that the fire might have been caused inadvertently by two males reportedly sniffing butane gas in a room shortly before the fire broke out." 

They added: "Two males remain in a serious condition in hospital with burn injuries. At this time the injuries do not appear life threatening."

Read more from West Briton

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES