A COUNTRY House hotel in Falmouth was evacuated this morning after its sauna caught fire.
Firefighters were called to the Merchants Manor, on Western Terrace, at around 11.35am and used a hose reel and carbon dioxide extinguishers to douse the flames.
A fire service spokesman said: “The hotel was evacuated by staff and guests and on firefighters’ entry to the building a small fire in a sauna was located.”
The 39-room hotel, described on its website as “Falmouth’s premier country house hotel”, would not confirm how many people had been evacuated or give any other information.
A receptionist confirmed the incident had taken place but said staff had been told not to talk to the press.