Login Register

Residents escape house fire near Indian Queens

By cg_ailsam  |  Posted: December 14, 2013

Fire3

Residents escaped a kitchen fire this morning

Comments (0)

Residents had to flee their house after a kitchen fire started this morning.

Two fire engines from St Dennis and one from St Columb were sent to a report of smoke issuing from the kitchen of a house at Higher Fraddon, near Indian Queens, at 6am.

An ambulance attended and paramedics treated one person who was suffering the slight effects of smoke inhalation.

Firefighters wearing breathing gear entered the two-storey mid-terraced property to extinguish the fire using one hose.

The occupants had working smoke detectors that alerted them to the fire and, with the help of neighbours were able to evacuate safely.

See http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=7270 for more information on smoke alarms.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR