Login Register

Fire at the Pandora Inn

By WBMiles  |  Posted: January 02, 2013

Fire broke out at the Pandora Inn this morning

Fire broke out at the Pandora Inn this morning

Comments (0)

Firefighters were called to the 13th Century Pandora Inn near Falmouth following a chimney fire at the pub which was previously destroyed in a major blaze.

Staff were evacuated from the historical building at Restronguet at around 11am today  after seeing black smoke coming from the chimney into the restaurant.

The fire was out as fire crews from Falmouth arrived at the scene. They inspected the flues to ensure that the fire had not spread. 

The pub was reduced to a blackened shell during a fire in March 2011 but re-opened a year later.

Related content

Restaurant supervisor, Daryl Medlyn, said the fire was out very quickly, adding: "I think there was a small amount of soot in the chimney that caused a small fire. 

"The fire service were called and staff were evacuated. It was early in the day and only a small number of people were in the building. The fires are being swept and checked over."

Read more from West Briton

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES