A VIGILANT neighbour, alerted by a smoke alarm sounding in a nearby property at Perranwell Station, Truro, phoned the fire service and helped prevent further damage to the building.
Two appliances were then mobilised at around 3.30pm today, one from Truro and the other from Falmouth fire station. On arrival crews wearing breathing apparatus and using a hosereel and thermal image camera found a pan, which had been left on the cooker, was alight.
The fire was quickly extinguished and the property was then ventilated using a positive pressure fan. The homeowner returned and the crew have now left the scene.