Cornwall Council says it hopes the main routes into Looe will be reopened by the end of this week.
Both the A387 Sandplace road and B3253 St Martin's Hill were closed to traffic following last Friday's landslip to enable ground investigations to be carried out.
Traffic diversions are currently in place directing vehicles via the A38 to Twelvewoods roundabout, the A390 to East Taphouse and the B3359 via Pelynt to Looe and vice versa.
Highways teams have removed the old carriageway at the junction of St Martins Road and Sandplace Road and are planning to lay a new road surface along with the final edge of carriageway reinstatements along both roads, the Council said.
Once this has been completed it is hoped Sandplace Road will be reopened to traffic.
Temporary repairs are also being carried out on the section of road up to the Barbican Road junction. The council said traffic management will continue on Barbican Hill to assist access during this time.
On Monday Devon and Cornwall Police and the Health and Safety Executive launched a joint investigation into the cause of the landslip, which claimed the life of 68-year-old grandmother Susan Norman.
A representative from Cornwall Council said: "The Council is continuing to work with the Police and the Health and Safety Executive to investigate the cause of the landslip.
"While the full investigation is likely to take some time to complete, the Police and Health and Safety Executive have announced that they have now removed restrictions on access to the wider area beyond the house at the centre of last week's landslip.
"Clearly, residents of Sandplace Road are rightly anxious over the safety of their homes and the potential for any further landslips and the Council has offered to work with the local residents affected by this incident to assist them in assessing the ongoing risks associated with their properties."