Login Register

Football: Mousehole's 15-match unbeaten run halted by St Dennis

By Nath_Richards  |  Posted: January 11, 2014

Comments (0)

Mousehole began 2014 in disappointing fashion as their 15-match unbeaten run in Division One West came to an abrupt halt at the hands of St Dennis in a shock 4-1 defeat at Boscawen Park.

A brace from Lee Rickard and other strikes from Scott Hill and Jacob Rowe earned the Saints their seventh league win of the campaign and avenged their narrow 1-0 defeat by Wayne Quinn's men at Trungle Parc back on the opening day of the season.

Wade Brown netted a consolation goal for the Seagulls who remain eight points clear at the top with four games in hand on second placed Sticker, who were held to a 2-2 draw at home to Wadebridge Town.

Meanwhile Penzance earned their first league point since November and ended a run of four successive defeats as goals from teenagers Lewis Caspell and Jamie Payne secured the Magpies a 2-2 draw at Perranporth, who replied through new signing from Falmouth Town, Kayne Trevaskis and Adam Barnicoat.

Callington Town moved up to fourth place with a 3-2 win at Penryn, while at the other end of the table, a 1-1 draw at Vospers Oak Villa was enough for Bude Town to move off bottom spot.

* Godolphin Atlantic produced the premier division’s biggest shock of the day, and arguably of the season, after inflicting only a second league defeat of the campaign on Plymouth Parkway.

Title holders Bodmin Town were the only other side to defeat Parkway this season, but Godolphin were worthy winners on what will go down as one of the games of the season at Godolphin Way.

Kyle Brown’s third minute header from Ross Fallens’ cross was all that separated the sides in a full-blooded encounter.

Despite six minutes of stoppage time and Parkway pressing for an equaliser, Godolphin, with Ollie Pinnell in particular outstanding up against Carter, stood firm to earn one of the most memorable victories in the club’s short history.

Elsewhere Romain Larrieu conceded four goals on his Camelford debut as impressive Torpoint Athletic ran out deserved winners at Trefrew Park.

The 37-year-old former Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper was signed by Camels manager Reg Hambly for one match as cover for the unavailable Josh Colwill.

* In other news, Hayle AFC chairman Bob Butler has announced that he is to stand down.

Butler had performed a sterling job at Trevassack Park in recent months following the club's withdrawal from the Carlsberg SWPL but has decided to relinquish the post, explaining that he feels it is time for a younger person to come in and move the club forward for the future.

Read more from West Briton

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters