AFTER some of the worst flooding for some years in the St Keverne parish, councillors voiced concern about plans for new development in Coverack.
There was particular worry about water run-off from the site of a proposed detached bungalow at Penwartha.
After hearing of that and other concerns from neighbours who spoke at their meeting on Thursday, councillors decided to oppose the plan.
Councillor Bill Frisken said: "I am seriously concerned about flooding.
"Last month we had quite a bit of severe flooding in Coverack, a number of houses were affected."
He said part of the problem was water "running" off properties and Penwartha, he said, was a particularly bad area for this.
The water went straight into the road, he claimed.
This led to a large volume of water accumulating from "houses up the hill", Mr Frisken further claimed.
"I think it would be a serious mistake to support this application.
"I advise that we strongly object to it."
Earlier, neighbouring resident Robert Foxton said the proposal was for a three-bedroom property, meaning the possibility of three cars, parking for which, he said, could not be accommodated within the design.
He was also worried about privacy issues.
Mr Foxton also believed approval would set a precedent for more development on the estate.
He later told fellow councillors he believed the proposed development would be "squeezed" into the site.