Login Register

Fishermen complete the treble

By West Briton  |  Posted: January 10, 2013

Comments (0)

HAYLE must be sick of the sight of Porthleven this season after slipping to their third defeat at the hands of Dennis Annear's men on Saturday.

In the sides' corresponding fixture in October, Porthleven ran out 3-0 winners at Trevassack Park. And in November Hayle were beaten 3-2 at Gala Parc in the first round of the Cornwall Charity Cup.

On Saturday Port completed the treble over Anthony Reynolds' men thanks to Jordan Annear's first half winner.

There was certainly an element of good fortune this time around, as Annear's 15th minute strike took a deflection on its way into the net.

Port's Ben Gadson had already gone close to scoring for his new club, and the hosts add chances to add to their lead.

Freddie Williams and Tom Annear came close to scoring, while at the other end Port keeper Bryan Scoffin did well to deny Justin Searle and Frazer Cadman.

Porthleven had opportunities to double their lead, but Annear's first half strike proved enough.

Kayne Trevaskis scored twice as Penryn Athletic ran out 3-1 winners at Dobwalls.

The striker opened the scoring after ten minutes, running on to a long ball and heading over the advancing Tom Beman.

Dobwalls were level in the 40th minute through Martyn Hake.

But Penryn hit back in the second half. Trevaskis added his second goal of the afternoon with a well executed lob over Beman.

And Jason Roberts made sure of victory when he escaped the attentions of his marker before slipping the ball past Beman.

Truro City were defeated 3-1 at home to promotion-chasing Wadebridge Town.

Sam Gerken, Alex Ahearn and Gyles Reynolds put Town 3-0 up, before City pulled a goal back through defender Andy van Evelingen.

Perranporth were made to work hard for their victory at Ponsmere Valley, finally overcoming basement club Foxhole Stars 2-0.

Dean Harris and Mick Lane's men led before the break when Andy Dyer (40) scored from the penalty spot after Ed Wilton was fouled in the box by Aiden Rundle.

Wilton then got his name on the scoresheet in the 71st minute when he fired home Lee Denton's cross.

Read more from West Briton

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters