Firefighters were called to a fire in a chip shop this evening on Fore Street, Port Isaac.
The call came just before 6pm, when two appliances from Delabole, one from Wadebridge and a major fire appliance from Bodmin were mobilised.
A chip pan had caught fire and was well alight when fire crews arrived at the ground floor of the two storey building.
Initially breathing apparatus and one hose reel along with one dry powder fire extinguisher was used in an attempt to put out the flames.
By 6.30pm, a covering jet connected to a hydrant was in use and foam was used to suffocate the fire.
The fire was extinguished just before 7.30pm.
Police were called to the scene to assist with crowd control.