An elderly couple were pulled from their house following a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters from Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service managed to get the couple out from their house in Mount Hawke last night.
Fire crews were called after a neighbour raised the alarm.
The fire service said: "Six firefighters from Redruth were mobilised along with an Officer specially trained in the use of a gas detector. On their arrival two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus removed the two elderly occupants from the house."
The casualties were treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to hospital.
The fire service said: "A positive reading for carbon monoxide was taken by the gas detector in the premise. Fire crews investigated and established the cause of the build up of carbon monoxide to have come from a blocked flue in a solid fuel heating system."