Login Register

Carbon monoxide safety warning after recent poisonings

By WBKatri  |  Posted: April 17, 2013

Fireman

Camborne fire officer warns about carbon monoxide dangers

Comments (0)

A FIRE officer has urged people in Camborne to be carbon monoxide safe.

Watch manager Simon Uden, from Camborne fire station, highlighted the dangers of the so-called silent killer at the full meeting of Camborne Town Council last week.

It followed the death of a Camborne family of three after inhaling the gas in their caravan at Tremarle Home Park, North Roskear in February.

Mr Uden said: “We are working hard to raise awareness and we have received a lot of calls regarding carbon monoxide after the recent incidents.

Related content

“It has highlighted the need of maintaining services like gas boilers.

“The best advice we can give is that if your detector goes off go out in the fresh air and leave your place sealed so that we can come and confirm if there’s a fault.

“If you experience any signs of carbon monoxide poisoning then you need to ring for medical assistance and call a doctor.

“It’s a silent killer which first causes symptoms such as headaches before it progresses to another level where you will fall asleep and never wake up again.”

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service currently provides free smoke detectors but the service has not got a budget to provide free carbon monoxide detectors.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR