Arson is suspected to have been the cause of a fire at a Bodmin residence which left two occupants requiring medical treatment.
Fire crews responded to a call that a blaze had taken hold within the bedroom of a terraced bungalow on St Georges Crescent at around 1.40am this morning.
The two occupants of the property escaped the flames but suffered the effects of smoke inhalation and were left in the care of ambulance personnel.
The fire crews, from Bodmin and Lostwithiel, dealt with the blaze using breathing apparatus, one hosereel and a thermal imaging camera.
A positive pressure ventilation fan was then used to clear the property of smoke.
A joint police and fire investigation is underway.